Week 2: Detox Meal Plan

Finally getting around to posting what I've been eating the last week or so. However, I forgot to bring LAST week's menu...I'll try to post that later this weekend.



Here is what I've been eating though::

Breakfast::
Pumpkin Custard + Egg Whites & spinach + small apple with almond butter
Veggie Omelet + small apple with almond butter 

Lunch::
Buffalo Meatballs
Chicken Salad
Butternut squash soup with roasted chicken

Dinner::
Pork Carnitas
Chicken Soup (Bone broth, cooked boneless/skinless chicken breast, carrots, celery, 1 small white onion, seasonings, throw it all in a big pot and cook until boiling then turn off heat and serve--so delicious!)
Broiled Salmon with vegetables and roasted red potatoes
Broiled Chicken Wings with baby carrots (lemon juice, and ground black pepper seasoning)
Paleo Sloppy Joes (No honey or coconut sugar!)
Potato and Ham Soup (No maple syrup!)

Snacks:
Pumpkin seeds, Cashews, Fruit + almond butter, Lara Bars (certain flavors), hard boiled eggs

Side note:: a lot of my dinner recipes will double as 2nd lunch.

Detox Mood:: Contemplating ending the detox this weekend or possibly on my birthday, which is Tuesday. But mostly attempting to stick it out. We'll see...I want pie. I want wine. I want to enjoy the feasts that are heading my way. However, what I am noticing though is that, the last two weeks have been insanely stressful. Turns out I'm pretty good at self medicating with food and I haven't been able to do that these last two weeks. Which does motivate me to finish it out. Only another 9 more days. Might as well. It's only 9 days. Thanks for talking that through with me.


 

 This bible verse is amazing. I actually didn't know it. I mean, I know Philippians 4:13, one of the better known "quote-able" verses, but 12. "I know what it is to be in need & I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need."
Wow. I am not alone. Facing down detoxes and stress and anger. I can do this. I can do this because Christ strengthens me.
I think it's more powerful with verse 12. 13 is great! It absolutely tells you that God is with you that you are strong because God lives in you. But facing hunger and plenty? Abundance and need? You are not only strong through Christ but you are strong through ALL things in Christ. 

I can do this. It's only 9 days. I've cruised through the last 12 days...(huh funny that I would find verse 12 the most interesting on day 12. LOL) 9 should be no big deal. I just have to keep my focus.
Which is all the things I GET to eat and NOT on the things I am choosing not to eat. Instead of saying I can't have that, I am saying "I am eating this instead!" better to focus on the positive.

Blessings Everyone, 
A

Comments