Paleo Monster Cookies

Well, right now I'm trying to ward off an ear infection from a head cold I developed over the weekend. Joy.

Today's post will be simple. For Christmas I wasn't able to purchase almonds, so I slid from a complete paleo dessert. I did make these amazing ginger snap cookies though! My blueberry pancakes didn't turn out so great though :( so back to the drawing board on those.

Today, I was totally in the mood for comfort food and for some reason Oatmeal Raisin Cookies sounded amazing. To the point where I couldn't stop thinking about them. I've been pretty decent with my diet, I'd like to keep up the good trend, so I searched out the best paleo recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I came across this recipe from Livin' Paleo Cuisine. They are crazy good. I unfortunately didn't have enough honey, I had to supplement with some agave nectar but the cookies still tasted great.






Here's what they look like done. They really hit the spot.
Nutritional Info: 11g fat (Yeah, pretty high for a cookie) 15g carbs, 11g sugar, 3g protein. Fun fact about 6% of your daily iron from 1 cookie, lol...made me chuckle. It makes about 16 servings (1 cookie = 1 serving.)
(This will vary a little depending on what extra ingredients you use or don't use, I based mine off of using raisins, but feel free to use whatever dried fruit you'd like. Cranberries would be nice and tart and add some color)

Alright, again I promise to start blogging more in the new year, for now I am asking for prayers for my mother in law who is battling pneumonia, my aunt who just had hand surgery, my hubby whose battling a dry cough since the passing of his father, and me with a possible ear infection. Blehhhh....




 Blessings
A

Comments