How often do you feel not good enough?

I don't know about you, but I am my own worst enemy sometimes. I don't measure up to my own goals, or sometimes my own standards.

Today I want to talk about a life lesson that everyone needs to practice.

Self-Love. Self-Compassion.

I get mad when I gain weight, when I don't lose it fast enough. I feel guilty or burdened when I eat something I know I shouldn't. I feel burdened by doing it all, by being it all.
The happy homemaker. The food maker. The persistant church-goer. The dedicated worker. I feel as if I fail when I don't have enough clients to keep me busy at work.
As women we sometimes have to do triple the duty, don't we? We have to be everything to everyone, but what about ourselves? Are we doing enough to figure out how to love ourselves through this process called life?
(There may be some guys out there like this as well, but as a woman I can you for sure say, sometimes it's tough to be a girl.)




How often do you feel NOT GOOD ENOUGH? Sometimes it's so ingrained in us, so below the surface that we barely register that what we're actually doing can be self destructive. Whether it's slow destruction or huge blasts of it, if we continue to have feelings of unworthiness, then we begin to act unworthy.


There is a great post over at Word of the Day Tumblr.
 "When the enemy whispers to you “you are not good enough!” remember these scriptures.
When you feel afraid, remember God says: You are REDEEMED.

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine” (Isa. 43:1).
When you feel unloved, God says: You are LOVED.

“You are precious and honored in my sight, and . . . I love you” (Isa. 43:4).
When you feel forgotten, God says: You are REMEMBERED.

“See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands” (Isa. 49:16).
When you feel insecure, God says: You are SECURE.

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders” (Deut. 33:12).

When you feel unable or unstable, God says: You are ABLE.
“The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights” (Hab. 3:19).

When you feel worthless, God says: You are CALLED.
“You are a chosen generation, a royal priest, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light” (1 Pet.2: 9)"

I've talked multiply times about my love for Supernatural. Okay, probably slightly obsessively. Anyway, Jared Padalecki released another shirt for his Always Keep Fighting campaign to help with sucidie awarness, anxiety/depression, and self harm, within the last month or so. At the launch of his second campaign he talked about the important of self love. He talks about the love of his fans, and the orginial campaign but around mintue 3:11 is when he starts talking about the importance of self love and how it helps you through the toughest days.



Fall in love with yourself. Enjoy the body you inhabit.



(Pictures)

Fall in love with the person God created you to be.



There's a saying...not sure if it's just in the Christian community, or if anyone has heard this but it's 'Speak Life.'
Life brings light to dark places. Speak Life over your body. Over your thoughts. Over your emotions. 
Your body is beautiful. It is capable. It is strong. Your body is becoming stronger. Your emotions and thoughts demand to be felt. When your mind says "You're not good enough" remind it how far you've come. Remind it that you are enough, because God thinks you are worthy. 




Blessings Everyone,
A

Comments