Monday Motivators Week 6

Ugh! I attempted to post last night but only got a few lines before the internet cut off. Bleh. ANNND my laptop has taken a dump. WAH!

Anyway, I'm back and have quite a few fun posts planned for the week so stay tuned. For now, I'm sticking with Monday Motivators! These are all the awesome things that helped me stay on track with my fitness and health goals.
 --------------------------------------------------------*-------------------------------------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots of things that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded to be healthy. (A new recurring post, check the magic behind the post here.)



--------------------------------------------------------*-------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
I made salmon salad! It was delicious!  I subbed the mayo for paleo approved Sir Kensington Mayo and left out the pasta noodles.  Yum-o!


Getting out for my first warm weather run. Oh the glorious-ness.


There's a new food place in the city called Eat. Fit. Go.  I had the small Look Good Naked Chicken. It was perfectly seasoned. I was a bit of a hippie too, I asked if the plastic was BPA free. (It is) They store breakfast, lunch, and dinner in these handy to-go boxes. You can create a meal plan plus snacks. They have large and small sizes as well as have the macro nutrients and calories right on the container. You can either take the meals to go or use their microwaves to sit and eat there as well. I can't wait to eat my meal for Thursday. I planned ahead and grabbed two meals and 3 protein bars (All allergen friendly!). ((Okay minus the chicken pesto, it does have milk in it, but it will be worth it.))


I discovered these organic seasoning packets at Hy-vee on complete accident, but it's nice to have some of the work done for you. Sometimes I'll make mine and toss it on the meat, but I was interested in trying these. It's not whole 30 approved as there is added sugar in it, so use sparingly or when trying to throw together a quick meal for a few guests. I used this on hamburger meat and for the next two days the man and I will be chowing down on "Whole 30 Approved" Burrito Bowl.  I put it in quotations as the prepared season mix isn't approved but if you follow the recipe it will be.
 
I made these chocolate pumpkin muffins on Sunday night during the storm. I accidentally added the palm shortening before melting it, so I had to melt it AFTER I put all the wet ingredients together...oh and I used a chocolate protein powder, so that also happened. Anyway, when I added the chocolate chips, they melted creating this beautiful dark color.
These are REALLY good. They taste like a pumpkin flavored brownies. 


These Coffee Energy Balls are like eating cookie dough.  They are the perfect blend of sweet and salty. I made a few adjustments to the recipe I created, so it's not exactly like the website. I used raisins instead of cranberries (that's what I had on hand) and I used earth balance crunchy peanut butter instead of almond butter. Either works, I just used what I had on hand. As well as two packets of the Starbucks via. (Note to self, might need to start restocking the house for more paleo ingredients...do post about ::Winky face::)
These would be the perfect snack to have with your morning hot beverage. Mostly because it already has ground coffee in it. I ate this mid afternoon and was a bit over energetic. Then I crashed. Pretty hard. I was planning on using this as a mid afternoon snack the rest of the week (Note to you, it will make about 8 servings/2 balls each or 16 balls total.) but I will now be having them for breakfast right before my workouts.
 
My week is off to a delicious start. On Wednesday I will finally post another weekly recipe plan. I haven't done one in awhile. Thursday I'll post about a using a blender bottle as a margarita maker. It's worth it. 
Anyway, I need to finish making dinner! AH! Hope you all had a good weekend. I will be back tomorrow!

Blessings, 
A

Comments