NIAW #StartAsking

I don't always talk about my feritlity journey. Mostly because I feel that most people read my blog for the health & fitness of it ;)
I focus on being healthy and fit though, because of my Poly-cycstic ovarian syndrome. I am dedicated to be the healthiest I can be because it makes me feel better, which in turn makes others around me feel better.
I don't talk about our infertiltiy journey openly because the Hubs & I also fairly private people. So while I don't discuss every ascept of our journey I will tell you that we are 1 in 8 couples who fight this battle. We're up against a lot and having been in the battle for over 5 years, we're in a different place than we were when we first started.

We have less questions about how, why, what can we do?

But more questions of what will our lives look like if..., how can we have courage? What will make us happy as a couple/family of two (plus pets)? How can we save for our next round(s) of treatment?

This week is National Infertility Awareness Week. Hoping to end the stigma that surrounds infertiltiy, it's Resolve's mission to make this a conversation to be brought into the light.  One in eight U.S. couples of childbearing age has trouble conceiving or sustaining a pregnancy. RESOLVE addresses this public health issue by providing community to these women and men, connecting them with others who can help, empowering them to find resolution. RESOLVE provides free support programs in communities nationwide, leads efforts to increase public education and reduce the stigma around infertility and promises to protect legal access to all family building options

This year they are focusing on #StartAsking 



I follow quite a few infertility bloggers, and these women have a way with words for this particular jourmey that I don't think I can duplicate or express as well as they can.
Here are two of the women I follow and their posts this week about #StartAsking

Elisha from Waiting for Baby Bird-- I am Unashamed: Taking Off my Mask to #StartAsking 
She brings the thoughts that we have and suffer through out to the forefront. While it's hard, it must be done.
"People like to be comforted. To be understood. To be heard. And to undeniably have prayers for a miracle prayed over them. However in order to have that, people also have to be willing to take off their mask and do what they think they can’t.  And do what they think is too hard.  They have to step out of their comfort zone and be willing to take a risk as they break the silence.  Because silence only magnifies the struggle.  It only breeds the stigma.  And feeds the loneliness.  It keeps people believing the lie that they are alone and that their struggle isn’t valid.  Or worth mourning"

Carolina over at In Due Time, has been in the trenches about as long as we have. They also have dual diagnosises. I admire her faith and love reading about everything she posts.
She is hosting an enouraging prize give away this week for NIAW. It's raffle constant, and you can bet that I entered to win! She is a great blogger.

I recommend following both of these ladies!

Starting out on this journey might be scary. #StartAsking questions. You are not alone. No matter where your journey takes you or how long there is a community waiting to help you.
Bless you my friend.
I pray for you and journey.



Blessings,
A

Comments