#BodyPositive Music Videos

I'm continuing with Buzzfeeds Body Positivity week. Today I want to share with you some of the best Body Positive and mental health positive songs that I listen too. (It's also mental health awareness month)

I love these next few songs.I stuck with about the top 10. But there are so many great songs and lists out there. It also depends on what time of music you enjoy too. I tried to cover a few different genres...but I'm a pretty much a country girl, lol...so you get 5 of them today.






In no particular order here are the lyrics and the music that brings them life.

Colbie Caillat - Try
Favorite Line: "Why, should you care, what they think of you
When you're all alone, by yourself, do you like you?
Do you like you?
You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to, give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing"

TLC - Unpretty
Favorite Line: 'You can buy your hair if it won't grow, you can fix your nose if you he says so. You can buy all the makeup that MAC can make but if you don't look inside you find out who am I to be in a position to make feel so damn unpretty?'
So the chorus. Love the chorus. 

Kellie Pickler - Don't You Know You're Beautiful (One of my aunts has a minor issue with this music video. She believes Kellie is wearing a few low cut shirts. So while she enjoys the song and hopes her young daughter takes the words to heart, she also hopes she waits forever to wear low cut shirts. Can't say I blame her, but you do you. Rock what yo' momma gave ya.)


Selena Gomez & The Scene - Who Says
This was one of my go to songs when I wasn't feeling pretty enough. Who says I'm not pretty enough?
Favorite Line: Who says you're not presidential?

Britt Nicole - Gold
The ultimate song of feeling worthy.
Favorite Lines: 'This is for all girls, boys all over the world. Whatever You've been told, you're worth more than gold."
"You're a King, You're a Queen inside and out." 


Jess Glynne - Don't Be So Hard On Yourself
Favorite Line: The Chorus. For Sure. 



LeAnn Rimes - What I Cannot Change
Favorite Line: I like the first lyric about pouring it on thick when she needs too in order to get what she wants. It's sort of my personality to do that. Not in a bad way, but I identify with it on some level. I am stubborn about my goals and I can stick to them when I need to/want to. I know what makes me comfortable, I know what makes me tick.
And of course the chorus. Let Go. It's out of my hands. I will learn to let go of what I can not change. Forgive. Love. I will change, whatever, whenever I can. 


Jessica Andrews - Who I Am
Favorite Line: It's all apart of me and that's who I am. 


Jessica Andrews - Unbreakable Heart
Jessica Andrews actually got recognition for this song, when it came out that it saved a fans life. He was sitting in his truck and ready to end it all when he heard the song. Unfortunately I can't find the story or article that covers this particular event, but I remember hearing one day on the country countdown channel. It moved. It changed how I looked at music. 
Favorite Line: It's hard to pick. The entire song is hauntingly beautiful.


Tim McGraw - My Next 30 Years
This one is an obvious for me. I'm turning 30 this year. My life isn't what I had planned out, but it turns out...that's okay! I think the song was originally written by Phil Vassar, who is also a great artist and singer himself.
Favorite Line (The opening line): I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age. The ending of an era and the turning of a page.
I included both versions. 


Worthy Mentions: Bootylicious by Destiny's Child, All About that Bass - Meghan Trainor This one is controvestorial. Some felt she was skinny shaming, but she has a bit of doo-wap beat, she says she's playin' when she talks about skinny bitches, but the ultimate message she was trying to get across was 'Every Inch of You is perfect from the bottom to the top.'





Alright everyone I have got to get to work.
Blessings,
A


Comments