Thankful on this Memorial Day

I have been reading over other bloggers posts today about Memorial Day and what it means to them. It's wonderful to see how we are all touched in some way by this day.

I feel as if I can't speak truer words than the words I spoke last and would like to repost them again today.

10 years ago I remember having a conversation with my dad about how I feel bad that I am having a good day while I know there are people over seas fighting for my country and dying. How can I be happy when other people are suffering?

My father replied, "They died so that you can enjoy your freedom. That you could have a good day."

It's always stuck with me.

Honoring those by remembering them, honoring those by spending time with those I treasure most. Soaking up every moment I can with them. Today (will be) a good day, because someone sacrificed for me. 




Pioneer Woman shared a post of Military Donation Organization that have high ratings with Charity Navigator.
"In honor of Memorial Day, I’ve listed a small handful of specific veteran-related organizations below for those of you who feel moved to help. The ones I listed have high ratings with Charity Navigator (the vast majority of their donations goes directly to helping the recipients rather than on administrative costs)."


Military Organizations

Operation Homefront
Supporting our troops and helping the families they leave behind.
Homes for Our Troops
Building specially adapted homes for our severely injured veterans.
The Navy Seal Foundation
Honoring our warriors. Supporting their families.
Armed Services YMCA
Making military life easier.
Folds of Honor Foundation
Through scholarships and other assistance, we give back to the spouses and children of soldiers killed or disabled in service to our country. (As of January 2013, Folds of Honor had awarded 3,800 scholarships.)

Home of the free because of the brave,
A

Comments