I solved the mystery

I figured out HOW I hurt myself...it's really...well...the dumbest thing. I was at the gym today, focusing upper body, since I'm trying to give my feet a break, when it occured to me that I tried something new the last time I was at the gym. Approximately 2 weeks ago I did something so dumb...thinking I was working my calves but in reality...it was what led to this plantar fasciitis pain.

So, I'm sitting on one of the benches with a barbell at my feet. When I remembered that two weeks ago I decided to lift the barbell with my toes.
I thought, what I neat exercise! It feel like I was working my gastrocnemiuses (AKA as calves).

I think that was too much weight for one and for two I don't think it was an actual exercise...unless it is and I just didn't know it.

But that is how I injured myself. Doing something silly.



They're feeling a bit better today. I am just contining to massage them and wear tennis shoes. Yesterday I stayed off them as much as possible. Got to take in a CWS game (As of yesterday I am rooting for CCU! THE TEAL IS REAL! I BELIEVE! LOL) and the warmth felt GREAT on my feet. They felt rested. I also took an NSAID which further helped them. I will look into getting arch supports on Thursday.

Hopefully I'm on the mend. Check out Running Competitor for 3 tips on getting back at it after an injury.

For now I'm doing all the research for healing my feet and getting back it. Happy to report, my knees don't hurt! That was fixed by not wearing flat shoes the last two days!

My hope is to be mostly back to normal by Monday. It's the 4th of July and It's 4 on the 4th day!! I've been running four miles on the 4th for at least 3 years I think...This might be my 3rd year this year. Either way, I'm really looking forward to it.
 I'll be making a French Toast breakfast and heading out for a run. I LOVE the 4th of July. I can't wait, I'm so excited.


Alright, I'm out,
Blessings,
A

Comments