Stop Weighing Yourself

Self Magazine published a web article on a fitness blogger who chronicled her weight loss and weight gain.


Kelsey Wells has a fitness blog called My Sweat Life

"“YOU GUYS. PLEASEEEEEE STOP GETTING HUNG UP ON THE NUMBER ON THE STUPID SCALE! PLEASE STOP THINKING YOUR WEIGHT EQUALS YOUR PROGRESS, AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING PLEASE STOP LETTING YOR WEIGHT HAVE ANY EFFECT WHATSOEVER ON YOUR SELF ESTEEM, like I used to.” From Kelsey's Instagram

This was an amazing reminder that, just like she said, my weight doesn't equal my progress. It reminded me that I shouldn't restrict my diet just to lose a few pounds. I need to focus on clean food and exercise. I haven't weighed myself since Tuesday or Wednesday. (Yeah, I guess I'm back on that kick.) I am still tracking my food though. Watching the type of carbohydrates I eat as well as how many.  Check out the link to see her transformation photos.

I realized the other day I'm officially 8 weeks out from my second half. I'm not anywhere close to where I want to be as far as timing. I'm disappointed in myself but ultimately it's about finishing the full marathon in January versus the half in October. Either way, it'll be a good run whether it's a fast one and I reach my timing goal or a slow run and I just have a good run...it'll be a good run. 
(Photo credit in photo)

Alright everyone, for now I am off.
Blessings, 
Enjoy your Saturday

Comments