Taking My Own Advice

In relation to my post on Monday, I have just not felt like myself lately. I haven't felt good about training, I haven't successful with my workouts or my eating habits. It's starting to get to me. I see the 'ideal perfect' body and I get jealous.

My ego has been talking a bit loudly and she's not super pretty. She's pretty green in the eyes.

One of the first posts I clicked on was a post from My Imperfect Life 

Her advice - "Because of this I try very hard to stay focused on fitness goals as my measure of success rather than my appearance, or the number on the scale, or the size of my jeans…sometimes…just sometimes, I forget."

Then apparently I had some also amazing advice at the end of the post -  'It's about your health, not your jean size. Always remember that.' 

I've posted some great recipes in the past as well- Protein Breakfast Cookies, zucchini brownies, and turkey meatballs with spaghetti squash, Protein Fudgsicles

This Post: Reboot, it was everything I needed. 'Today, it's simple things. Having you as a reader. The warm weather. And the fact that no matter what, I still accomplished a few healthy tasks.

I hope whatever life brought you today that if you couldn't push through it for you, that you thought of someone to push through for.'

Cleaning House: 
Sometimes motivation finds us and moves us. Other times we have to find motivation and force ourselves to move. 

Yesterday as we were heading home from the farm, I walked past this woman who had this bright smile on her face. She didn't have the 'ideal body shape' but she looked great. I wondered to myself, who am I trying to impress? Am I competing with someone else, when I should be competing with myself? Shouldn't I be happy that I'm just healthy? 


I definitely need to work on taking my own advice. 
Blessings, 
A

Comments