Monday Motivation 18

--------------------------------------------------------*-------------------------------------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots of things that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded to be healthy. (A new recurring post, check the magic behind the post here.
--------------------------------------------------------*------------------------------------------------------------

It is crazy tough to stay fitness focused during the end of the year with all the Holiday goodies. I wish I could say I did well, but I have failed miserably. I also lost motivation to keep tracking my food. I kept dealing with guilt. I knew I was over eating, so why track it? I should get rid of the extra guilt. Life is tough, why make it harder on myself.
I don't need to live or die by the calories consumed on any given day. What I need is balance. I'm working on it, one day at time. One meal at a time. Today was better-ish. The dang left over holiday goodies were tempting though and I have to admit I succumbed to their delicious sugary goodness.

Only two and a half weeks out from our first full marathon and I'm starting to get a little more anxious about eating right. When I eat right I feel better. I run better. I sleep better. So why would I keep punishing myself with crap food?

I'll do MUCH better the closer the race gets.

Here are few things that DID help bring a positive light to my day as well as get me motivated to run when I REALLY, really didn't feel like it.


What I really wanted to do today was stay in bed and hang out with my dog. But I got up. I got to the gym and ran 10 miles on the dreadmill. It felt like a decent run, got it done in 2hours, I was happy with how I felt afterwards.


1 year ago I started light therapy for my acne. Since then I have had a few treatments off and on while using my lumi light mask. I also continue to use bio elements and quality product makeup. Right now I am not solely dedicated to one brand, but they are investments because they are more expensive than commercial products.  I use L'Bri still but I have thinking about switching over to tart and mirabella. Either way, my acne is less intense. I need to even out my skin tone a little more, and figure out sun damage areas, but otherwise, I feel so much more confident in my skin than I ever have in my life.



Last week Iron Woman and I completed about 17 miles out of our 19mile run. It was grueling, hot, and painful. Our second round on the treadmill though I pulled up some YouTube videos to get me in the mood to run. You have GOT to watch these if you have the time.


PodCasts I listened to this week that helped me get through a longer short run (6 miles) Joyce Meyer Suffering Part 1 as well as Suffering Part 2

Sorry to keep this post short, but I am so sleepy. LOL
Blessings,
A

Comments