Anxious Heart

I started going to a women's bible study group here in town recently. The book is called Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow.

Stick with me on this, because I promise it's health related.

I have been feeling under the weather the last few days. Weather changes bring on sinus problems mixed with a minor head cold. It was bad news bears the last two days. It was all I could to keep my eyes open after taking some nyquil. Throat was on fire. Head was pounding.

Anyway, the point is my focus was on how bad I felt. Which naturally led to me making some questionable food choices yesterday. I don't feel well, so all I really want is sugar for energy. It's a backwards way of thinking, but sugar delivers quick, fast energy. Unfortunately it's not the good kind of sugar you get from say fruits and vegetables, the naturally occurring kind, it's the bad kind. The refined, heavily processed chocolate (ALWAYS THE CHOCOLATE) that always sounds good during times like these. I know, how can anyone think of eating at a time like this? Trust me, I can.

What I should be focusing on is, okay, yeah I feel bad, but what can I do to take care of myself? The good things! Rest. Water. Vitamin C. Healthy delicious food like chicken pot pie or chicken noodle soup. I resolved to focus on what was better today.

Salad sounded kind of good, but blek, the choices, what kind of dressing, should I buy regular salad or a kit or??? First world problems for sure. Focus on what's good.





This popped out at me. I saw it on someones intsagram earlier last week, it's whole 30 approved. Which means, NO DAIRY! NO SOY! NO SUGAR! NO GLUTEN!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!

CREAMY RANCH DRESSING!!! I've gone to a mid-westerns salad heaven! I had this over a power greens salad with chicken and cucumbers. So worth it.





I know I've blogged about focus before. Where it is and where it should be. I have to practice this often, because well, I often forget where my focus should be. I am focused on good clean healthy food. What is right is for me to take time and get healthy. What is pure is eating things that aren't going to cause my hormones to go haywire. What is admirable, well...I might have to get back to you on that. Food being admirable? Maybe cage-free chickens? Free roaming cows? Yeah, I can get down with that. Then dance to your food to praise it. HA! Okay, this is really an inside joke. When I get really happy about food, tasty, well seasoned, magnificent food. I dance. I do a little shake with my shoulders and sometimes there's some fist in the air pumping action. I'm not terribly sure when I started doing that, but I imagine it came after the year I went on the SUPREME STRICT DIET! The one where I only ate meat and vegetables and fruit for like a year but I figured out that good food, can be both nutritious and delicious. 

Alright, it's late.
I'm out.
Blessings,
A

Comments