I Deserve a Donut

I'm not sure how I came across it but the other day I came across this app in Google Play called I Deserve a Donut and Other Lies That Make You Eat.

The title really cracked me up. I honestly didn't even read through what the app was about. I assumed it was just a silly yes or no game to help you decide if you actually did indeed deserve a donut. Much to my surprise, it wasn't. It's actually a wonderful Christian Weight Loss App for people, like me, who eat due to emotions and lies that I sometimes tell myself to make me eat. Mostly, it's the emotions.





You click on one of the tabs below the title, and go from there. Do you know how hard it is to come home and not automatically eat chocolate? When did I start needing desert every night? I'm telling you, I'm not a happy camper because I am doing my best to stay strong and not go into the kitchen to scrounge something up.
Instead, I'm eating hearty Paleo Beef Stew, it's actually quite comforting. But it's not sweet and it's not chocolate.

I was overwhelmed from work (Honestly though, who isn't?) and REALLY wanted something sweet. Okay but why? I go to the emotions that make you eat tab.


Funny title, tough emotions. (These are just a few examples there are more.) From here you pick whatever emotion might make you think, 'hmm, cramming a whole pizza into my mouth sounds like a fantastic idea right now!' and read what you need to work through. There are questions, and things you might need to accept to help recover from the emotion, potentially things you might need to confess, as well as bible verses to help work through said emotion that you are struggling with. The one thing I will point out is that it seems directed toward women, which is fine, but if you're a dude, maybe not completely the app for you.

I also learned in doing research for tonight's post, I learned that there's actually a book that you can order for this too! I found it for less than $10 over at Barnes and Noble.

We all need help sometimes. Probably more often than we like to admit. I'm glad my laptop is broken, because it's forced me to come into the computer. Sit down and think about what I am eating as well as look at my goal quotes.






I think I'll keep adding quotes to the wall until I achieve everything I want to achieve, or feel the need to focus on something else.

For now, I am signing off on this Wordy Wednesday to relax and drink some hot tea.
Blessings,
A

Comments