I Won't Back Down

Thought I disappeared off the face of the earth? Well, I kind of felt like I did. I was under some massive stress last week. It was all I could do just to get through the week let alone type something out.

The thing is, I have a very all or nothing personality. Sometimes that's good...sometimes that's bad. Last week, between stress and hormones my eating habits were horrid. I was literally spooning peanut butter out of a jar with a chocolate bar. Not good.


It makes me feel like a failure because I'm supposed to be operating a healthy eating habits and fitness blog and I let my emotions and cravings get the better of me. Friday night was kind of the tipping point I guess. I came home in a foul mood and started crying.

In that moment though I decided I am NOT going to let this stress get the best of me. I will overcome. I will not be beaten down any longer.

My schedule is evening out a little more with work, still crazy up and down schedule changes as I continue to market and find odd jobs, but things are starting to level out. That helps.

Every little bit helps. Today, for the first time in a long time, I was able to get my meals prepped and ready for tomorrow. I am excited. I made VERY good choices when I went grocery shopping today. I didn't even buy more chocolate, since I ate it all last week.

Not kidding. All of it. 

We do have some left over cookies from the super bowl, allergen friendly but I didn't eat 5 of them today, so I'm going to call that progress, considering last weekend I finished a pan of brownies...in 3 days. See...bad.

For now, I am going back to a heavy paleo diet, since I always feel better when I eat as clean as possible. Slowly cutting back on sugar. I've also set my sights on the Memorial Day Murph this year. This will be my 3rd year participating in the event, and I WILL do it with the weight vest. I've decided my new motto is 'Watch my comeback', I'm going to kill it. Chin up. God is with me. Rejoice.





What's your comeback story?
Blessings,
A

Comments