Monday Motivation #21

-------------------------------------------------------*-------------------------------------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded to be healthy. (A recurring post, check the magic behind the post here.
--------------------------------------------------------*------------------------------------------------------------

While I didn't get as many posts in last week as I had wanted, I think getting to blog twice a week for the last two weeks is progress! Right? LOL

Tonight's post will be quick. I am feeling really good about my comeback kid year, aka 2017. Tonight I was house wife extraordinaire, runner woman, and business professional all in one day. I have most of my meals planned for the week, I made Banana Coconut Flour Muffins (I omitted the chocolate chips, because miracle among miracles, I don't have any in the house!) The house is clean AND I made the man's lunch for tomorrow. Wooh!

Iron Woman and I are being crazy....well we think we're being crazy but ask any long distance runner and they'll just bob their heads knowingly, understanding the call.

We've decided to run another marathon...this year. In September.

We think we're bonkers, but everyone keeps cheering us on. We'll see how it goes. I'm a little daunted with the work ahead, knowing I'm working two jobs kind of puts me in a damper mood. However, I know that what I am doing is what's best for the man and I, as well as myself.

Plus, it's not forever and it's a small sacrifice to pay for achieving some dreams.  Plus the thought of accomplishing a goal, has me striving me to get back into this.





This quote has really been on my mind. I'm doing everything I can to sacrifice for dreams and long term goals. I have to remember to have patience, persistence, and courage--consistently.

Iron Woman and I are dusting off our running shoes for some much needed shake out time. Two runs in less than 5 days. Feels good. Might explain why I got so much done today.


Just some light reading material over lunch break to help get me in the mindset to run. This month's Runners World magazine came with a powerful story of a woman who is overcoming a traumatic past to pushing through a worsening disease. It was a great reminder of what running can do for someone. Free the mind and inspire others. (Also, Harry Potter, because why not...I'm on book 3.)

I also find this fun snack at Target called Biena Chickpea. I like a little crunch with a salad. I also have a horrible sweet tooth. The cinnamon sugar was a nice high fiber snack to curb some of the sweet craving without going over board.  

After a short 20min jog tonight, I feel ready to attack the week. Especially since most of my meals are already planned out. I feel ahead of the game.

One thing that will help me stay on top of that feeling?

Early bedtime.

I am desperately trying to get more sleep and feel rested. Rest is important and I haven't done enough of that in the past. I'm really good and burning myself out. Unfortunately I always realize too late.

Healthy meals all day, clean house, good run...

Yep, it's definitely bedtime.

Blessings everyone,
A

Comments