Monday Motivation #22

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------

I have to say I started this week out strong. Went to the gym, did a Mini Murph routine. Ran 1 mile, 25 weighted pull ups, 50 pushups, and 75 squats. I didn't run the mile after the routine, because I had to go home and mow. 

Yep. I'm the mower.

The man always complained about doing it. He works a really hard job, he's on his feet all day, I'd mow here and there to help out but nothing consistent. That wasn't until last summer when I thought MAYBE if I mow the lawn for two seasons, come deer hunting season, I can get the man to field dress my deer.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go hunting, and lucky for him he got ALL TWO SEASONS off of mowing. We make a good team though. He scraps weeds away from the house cleans up the spots that are hard to reach and I do the rest. I actually enjoying mowing. It's a great workout, gets you all nice and sweaty. We don't have a self propelled mower either. I really gotta push, and we live on a hill. 

Right now my feet hurt, I'm sun burnt from the weekend, and I'm SO ready for bed. 

Even though I was in a bit of a funk last weekend, I did get 10 rounds done of the Muprh...I'm working towards 20. One step at a time. 



 Iron Woman needed a bit of motivation to achieve a run over her lunch hour. I blasted her phone with quotes. She also motivated me to get my booty out that night. Not a great run for time, but a great run for just getting out there and doing it. 
 

I attempted this recipe from Paleo Gone Sassy, as you can see it turned into a fail. My first problem was, we are low on eggs so I decided to try a flax seed egg instead. I would advise against that. I tried to salvage it later by scooping all the...batter...into a bowl adding a little coconut flour to thicken it, then when it got too thick, I added almond milk. It smelled good! However, it mostly stayed like this.
I almost thought about making it into a banana porridge, but ultimately just pitched it. 
 You win some. You loose some. 
 The thing I'm most excited about though...is this. This shirt. This will now be my third tank from the Murph Challenge. I just absolutely love this event. It's a mental challenge as well as spiritual one. 
It's a great way to honor those who have fallen in the line of duty, as well as shine line on an important charity. 

Also it is the start of National Infertility Week, please head over The Hope For Fertility Facebook Page, to learn about what you can do to help the 1 in 8 couple who might be struggling not only emotionally but financially with such a difficult battle.

Blessings, 
A

Comments