Monday Motivation 24

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------
 
Welcome back to the blog everyone. I thought I posted more than once last week, but I guess not. I'm trying to get better about being more consistent, but I'm still trying to fit the blog in, in between jobs, being a 21st century working wife, dog mom, and novice athlete.  

I attempted a run on Saturday after work, it didn't go horribly, but it didn't go well either. Which led into some knee pain today. The kind that had me in Physical Therapy at the end of last year, beginning of this year. It freaks me out because it's back. I don't want to have to go back to PT, but I also would like to run another marathon. Heck, at this rate, I'd love to run a 5k. I'm going to foam roll, ice, and rest tonight. Tomorrow I'll try to get in some light yoga. We'll see how it goes. 

Motivation is hard to come by. Especially when you're not in the right place mentally/emotionally/physically. It's easy to start making excuses for why you can and can't work out, or eat right.

The biggest lesson I learned in switching jobs, it's actually super hard to work out after work. I can do it, simply because well, I don't have kids to run home too, and I have a stellar gym buddy who makes going worth it. Plus, it's important for my PCOS.

I've been listening to a TON of podcasts recently. I really want to rock this next marathon, but this time I want to do so with knowing what my body can and can't handle. 

Not that I drink a ton, but I am planning on avoiding alcohol until after my first 10k of the year, the first Sunday in June. 
Doing my best to keep 'grains' to a minimum. Zero dairy! Less sugar. So far, not bad. This was really my first weekend in doubling down on my focus of healthy living. 

I honestly haven't been managing my PCOS very well. Hormones are haywire, acne is back. Mood swings are getting better...I think, but don't ask the man. 

I came across the PCOS Diva podcast awhile ago, but haven't really had a chance to listen to much of it. With the new job and drive time, now I've actually got time to listen to it. 

Here's the first one I really enjoyed. It's all about how to balance exercise with PCOS. I learned some pretty good stuff, such as what type of insulin resistance that I have, I'm insulin resistant at the fat level. As in, it's very easy for me to put on muscle but take off fat. I really need to watch my carbs, continue to eat lean protein, and reduce my grain intake. 
 

 Her interview during this podcast was with Dr. Brooke, she also has a website dedicated to helping women with PCOS. Dr. Brooke also has a podcast with Sarah Fragoso, which is called Better Everyday, well worth a listen for any woman who might be struggling with weight, body issues, womens' issues. You name, they've probably talked about it. 
 
This is what helped drive me forward last week and make more better decisions than I have previously been making. 

I haven't been focused on healing my body anymore. I've been dumping junk food into like a garbage can. As well as believing all the worst possible things I could believe about myself. However, with the new job, I have time for devotions in the morning. This leads to better response on negative thinking. When those nasty little "You're unworthy and not beautiful enough" comments come creeping in, I can shoot them down a lot quicker because I remember who loves me. 
 
Alright, I gotta get outta here. I'm bound and determined to get some better quality and quantity z's. 
Blessings,
A

Comments