2 Weeks & Some Self Care

The hiatus from the blog was unplanned. I found myself in the midst of a busy week to met with a head and chest cold by the end. To say I was drained, would be accurate. I also found myself struggling with my emotions just before the cold hit and next thing you know it's two weeks later and I have posted a single thing.

Here are a few self care tips I used to get me back on my feet this week:

I took time for myself to put my feet and have a drink.

I also purchased a few things off amazon. I bought some new wireless headphones that were on sale. BluePhonic Wireless Ear Buds. I had some extra spending money at the end of this month, and about two months ago I had busted my Beats by Dre beyond repair. Unfortunately I didn't have the warranty on them so I was out of luck with getting replacements. The BluePhonic not only got good reviews on Amazon, but upon further research it was also placed in the top 10 wireless head phone category. All in all it was about 4.5/5.
I used them this morning on my second training run back from having the plague, and they're not bad. I like that all the menu options such as answering and disconnecting calls, volume, skip, pause, play, are all on the headphone itself. No heavy bounce against my neck. It does block out quite a bit of noise, however it's VERY HEAVY on the base. Not bad, but I might need to adjust the headphones to fit in my ear better to isolate the wind sound as well as the heavy base. We'll see. All in all, I'd also give it a 4.5/5. Fit well, don't bounce. light weight, easy to use and understand. Also for $38.95 down from $119. Unbeatable!
And trust me I'll be signing up for the warranty this time.



I also allowed myself some food treats, and time away from logging my food. I don't want to stress about what I'm eating vs, how much of it I'm eating. I just wanted to feel good. I made smart choices. Stayed away from heavily processed stuff but if I wanted some frosting off of my Goddaughters birthday cake, well, I ate quite a bit of that! LOL

I also tried to remember to be kind to myself.


It's important to take time and care for yourself before you can give more of yourself. We're headed to the farm this weekend. I won't be posting again until next week, but I will have a renewed mind and hopefully better spirit. 

Blessings, 
A

Comments