Monday Motivation: Weekend Recovery

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------

Iron Woman has cut out added sugar during the work week. It's a great idea. Every time I look at chocolate or adding extra honey to my tea, I think "Iron Woman isn't adding sugar". There's also a girl at my work who is doing the Keto Diet. She is also cutting out grains, refined sugar, etc. 

I'm not trying to add more fat into my diet, which is basically the keto diet, but I do need to cut sugar. Sugar is the hardest thing to kick, having a friend cut sugar, might just make it easier. LOL, I should call my blog me vs. sugar. It's always the sugar. 



My hormones got the best of me last week, and I succumbed to the temptation of delicious chocolate. Only problem was, I carried it through the entire weekend. I've been bouncing around in the same pound bracket again. I lose 3lbs during the week only to gain it all back between Friday and Sunday night. I need to devise a way to stay on track during the weekend. 

Fitness magazine has some great tips for staying on track during the weekend. Things I didn't even think about, like "Surrender sweetly. Is that pint of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer calling your name? Now is not the time to see if you can eat only two spoonfuls of New York Super Fudge Chunk. To make it more likely that you'll keep things under control, reach for an individually wrapped treat, such as a piece of dark chocolate or a low-fat ice cream sandwich."

They break the weekend down into 3 days, and give you instances for tackling each event that might have you over eating. It's worth a read, check it out here 'Weekend-Proof Your Diet'.

Today, however, is probably going to be a hard day. I can hardly keep my eyes open. Wish me luck! Sugar would make the staying awake process better....although...I have some new green tea I might try...I'll keep you posted. 

Blessings,
A



Comments