Monday Motivation: Runners Motivation

First, let me start with an apology. Turns out when blogger switched to this new layout setting, not only does it tuck away the blogs I follow but it also hides my comment section from me. Apparently I have 12 comments waited to be moderated...however I cannot find them. Literally. Anyway. I've tried googling and answer and nothing.

So first, I apologize I haven't responded to any comments. I'm not ignoring you...just my blog is. Second, if anyone knows how to fix this or can point me the right direction, will you email me or Facebook message me? Pretty please! I need help! LOL (JUST FOUND THE COMMENTS! I WILL START RESPONDING ASAP!)

Okay, now onto Motivation Monday!

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------
 Last week was rejuventation week after coming back from the farm. I had some decent runs, and ate mostly clean. It's been a small struggle getting back on the wagon but I love when I can feel the changes happening. I love that my brain is starting to click into training. On Saturday night I was in a HUGE FUNK! HUGE! It lasted all day Sunday to the point of tears. However, sitting at dinner with the man, looking over the menu at P.F. Chang's (No not paleo friendly, but gluten friendly, and holy cow, can't wait to go back.) I looked at the wine menu. I knew wine wasn't going to help me feel better. I knew the wine or the food wasn't going to fix my mood. 

Basically I'm starting to realize, that I can't self treat with alcohol or food. I did for a every long time. I've always been an emotional eater. Whether it was learned or became habit it was still true. 

That's part of training for the tough long distances though. Knowing when to grit your teeth, dig your heels in and just keep going. Knowing when to ease back, don't push past the pain, but allow your body time. 

It's an amazing thing when your mind can sink with your body, especially during a long run. 

It's not in my nature to give up. I become obsessed, hyper focused, with something until it's done or can be fixed.
It's important to know your limits though. When to push on and when to ease up. Tonight was a recovery jog/walk. 4 miles of ease felt better for mind than it did for my body. However, I feel more mentally prepared for the next run now.


Alright, time to finish dinner and get ready for bed. 


Blessings, 
A

Comments