PCOS CoSponsor Healthcare Bill

This Monday I have a different kind of motivation for you. Recently I have been talking with friends about being in our 30's. We used to think we'd have it all together by 25. Some of us even had plans laid out for what we thought our lives would be. It's funny how that changes when you become. You realize that, no, in fact, you don't have to have all your "stuff together". I am starting to believe that your 30's are for chasing after the things that cause a fire in your belly and impassion your heart. 

I belong to PCOS Challenge, which sends me all update to date information on ways they are fighting to have PCOS recognized by the healthcare field as well as the general public. 

While PCOS awareness month is officially over, I wanted to take one last chance to show what you can do for those affected by PCOS. 

PCOS challenge sent out an email. 

"Last week, PCOS Challenge: The National Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Association successfully presented the first ever briefing on PCOS for Congressional members and their staffers. Some of our members went to personally speak with their Representatives in Congress and we also hand delivered close to 180 of your letters to over 120 offices in the House of Representatives. One thing that was evident was that YOUR LETTERS MATTER. Your Representatives want to hear directly from you as constituents from their districts. There were five new cosponsors of H.Res.495 who signed on right after reading your letters and learning how PCOS affects you and your family. Remember, similar to the general public, most people in government have never heard of PCOS. Your voices do help. Please take a moment now to customize the template letter below for us to deliver to your Representative on Monday. If you have already sent in a letter, please ask your family and friends to support you by providing us with a letter as well. We have one more day on the Hill on Monday. Let's make it count!
CALL-TO-ACTION FOR NE MEMBERS: 

Please send us a letter to drop off to your Congressperson about cosponsoring 
H.Res.495 — Let your Representative know how PCOS has affected you, someone you know or is impacting your patients.
Three Quick and Easy Next Steps:
Thank you for your action and helping to change the future for millions of women and girls with PCOS!
In good health,
Sasha Ottey
Executive Director
---------------------------------------------------
PCOS Challenge, Inc.
The National Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Association

A 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization
You can also send a letter, call your representative, OR email them. I have emailed mine. I've never once thought about emailing, or calling my state representatives or even my senators. It's funny how it's changing my view on politics. I like when they respond back, as most people would. I feel snuffed when they don't. I also start to pay more attention to those members that I hear back from. I want to know what their key issues are, how are they voting. Do they support the same things I do? In the last year, I've become more interested and contacted more members of congress than I ever have in my entire life. These people are here for us, at least they should be. They want to know how you feel. They want to know, how they can fight for you. Or at the very least they should. 
Get involved! Find your representative above and use either the email template or the calling template to speak with your representative. 
Many blessings, A


Comments