Woman Crush Wednesday: Accountability

This is Bekah the Best aka R. Diddy. She's my woman crush Wednesday of the week. This week she's my hero because she's become my accountability partner.


While in a two glass wine haze last week, I complained of how much weight I was gaining, whilst also stuffing 4 chocolate chip cookies and a bag of popcorn into my gullet. So, I knew what I was doing, but that didn't make it okay. I was trying to fight back my emotions with eating. R. Diddy, ever the encouraging friend, sympathized. She started talking about how she was also unhappy with how she felt and wanted to do better.

For the last two-ish months, she has been doing the insanity challenge. (Which sounds wicked tough yet fun.) She's also drinking tons of water! Must. Stay. Hydrated. She was talking about how nice it would be to have a partner to go to the gym with. Some day I'd like to be able to work out with her, but our schedules don't allow for long, lingering visits usually. Hence why we're long distance besties, within a 25 mile radius of each other.

I love having friends that we're able to converse with over the phone. My world in a box. Our conversation naturally progressed into let's check in with each other at the end of every day, to make sure we're staying on track.

Knowing I have to check in with someone helps me stick to my goals a little more. On Sunday after marking off a 6 mile training run, I wanted a healthy meal to keep me going while we spent time with family.

Enter, the binto box from Hyvee. Two hard boiled eggs, sliced turkey, blueberries, and almonds. It's the greatest combination on earth. I'm obsessed with these. I also got one that had sliced ham and strawberries. Perfect for meals on the goal.

R. Diddy's not just my accountability partner too, she's also a balm for my soul.

One of the many things I love about this girl is she's not afraid to try new things. We've dined at Eat Fit Go (as seen above), Evolve Paleo, and two years ago she attempted the 21 Day Challenge. No subject matter is off limits and she's hysterical. She's the kind of friend that you call when the world goes sideways, if you need a good laugh, a good cry, or to snap chat about the most mundane stuff.  (#dogmomproblems)  She's a champion for faith without being judgmental.

A few months ago, my depression was pretty bad, but until I get in to the appropriate people, I needed a check in buddy. The first few days I was great about saying dumb things like "Today sucks, but I'm alive." She would say "I'm glad you are alive."  I eventually became neglectful and quit checking in, that's when she would make it a point to check on me. "You okay? How's your day?"
Not pushy, no questions. Just wanted to check in.

A few years ago, R. Diddy experienced a loss that can't really be explained. What I noticed though was from her Christmas letter that same year how tightly she had clung to her faith to see her through. It wasn't always easy, but she pushed through.  The letter reminded me how from darkness can come victory. It was a reminder to me that even in the darkest moments, I am not alone. I am loved.

She also recently became a new mom. Having someone be respectful of when I'm having a hard time, but yet being able to celebrate hysterical moments like these with her, are priceless.

(Season Premier of Game Of Thrones, in the onesie I made him)

Find a check in buddy. Someone that will hold you accountable to your goals. Surround yourself with people who continually push you to be better, do better, and reach for the stars.


Thank you for stopping by to read my blog! 
Love each and everyone of you!
Blessings, 
A

Comments