Life Update: Mental and Physical Health Update

Holy bananas, I'm glad you guys haven't given up on me as a blogger. Thank you for continuing to read as I run around this little corner of the world.

There's been so much happening in the news, in my fitness goals, in my mental health...I'm not sure where to begin. Keeping with the upward trend, I've been thinking a lot about Christmas.

This year we are blessed to be able to buy Christmas presents for multiple family members this year plus the God-kids. I'm very much looking forward to giving the God-kids their bibles this year (Beginners Bible and My First Bible) I think I decided I want to be cool Aunt A, who gives them their first pair of running shoes and buys all their favorite books! It's fun to dream. Even though I wish I had infinite amounts of money to spend on LOADS of people, I realized that the season of giving doesn't have to ever end. I get to keep giving to those I love no matter what Holiday or month we might be in.
The man and I haven't put up a Christmas tree for almost 3 years now. We may or may not again this year, but this is the first time in awhile that I can actually feel Christmas in my heart.
I've been stubbornly watching at least one Christmas movie every night, jamming out to Christmas music while at work, and love watching the few things I've ordered off of Amazon roll in.

 It fills my heart to know what I've been given, so that I can give. 






In physical fitness news: I'm halfway through the Jaime Eason Live Fit Trainer with Iron Woman. We're in week 7 of a 12 week program. We've been following the lifting, not necessarily her meal plan. I feel stronger, and I feel like I can see small definitions happening in places like my biceps and back. Got a ways to go and some fat to burn before I see it in my thighs/hips aka quads and hamstrings.

My Runners World, Run Streak officially ended last week. I'm sad I didn't get to carry it through ALL the way to News Year Day, but I was gone from 5:30am to 10pm last Wednesday. While I may have lifted that morning, I still didn't get a dedicated mile in on the treadmill. The streak is over.
However Iron Woman made a suggestion that I do a Run Streak part 2! Which I might, hoping to get to the gym earlier tomorrow to crush some weights.

The sickness is running around the office though. All day today, I could not wake up. My throat is sore and swollen from drainage and it's draining into my tummy, which makes it feel worse....too descriptive for you? I needed rest and plenty of fluids tonight. I'm trying to get ahead of it with some Zicam, organic tea, and eating lots of protein and drinking an Airborne supplement. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow. Also...SLEEP!!! I made sure to drink another warm cup and tea and also take a melatonin, so I'll be headed to be as soon as I get off this computer.

I just wanted to let you know I was still here, thinking of you. Hoping you're out their crushing goals, and getting stuff done.
One step at a time, one day at a time, one mile at time.
 Blessings,
A

Comments