First Race of Year

I officially signed up for my first race of the year on January 1st and I can hardly wait to run it. I've run this particular race twice before, The Superbowl 5k. It's an easy out and back that consists of some pretty even terrain. The only down side is the weather. Typically ice and snow cover the cement track, which can make some spots questionable. So far, I haven't lost my footing though!

I really wanted to be further into training for this race. I was hoping to run the 5k in 25 minutes, or as close as I could get to 25 minutes.

Looking more like this might be just a warm up run for the rest of my events this year. LOL!


Anyway. Day 3 into the New Year, I think my body is trying to come down with a cold. However, I am rejecting this idea and getting lots of rest, fluids, and essential oils pumped through my system to get past it. Here's hoping! Which reminds me of the first time I ran the Superbowl 5k back in 2013, I had been sick two weeks prior. I think I had the worst case of stomach flu I'd had in ages. It was weird running again, because I felt like I was trying to get my sea legs back under me.


When pop and I ran two years ago in 2015, I got first for my age group! I was actually really surprised. I think I ran it in 33 minutes. I thought for sure I wouldn't even be mentioned...unless of course by some fluke that I was the only person in my age group. However, I prevailed! Maybe if I'm lucky, since I've moved up an age bracket, I'll win again ;)



In case you feel the need or want to suddenly run with me, here's a 30 day or 1 month training planning to get you on your feet.


Food wise-not great today. I had some sugar mid morning, because--due to cold medicine--I was THHIISS CLOSE to passing out at my desk...and that's kind of frowned upon. 


One day at a time though right? I've been having a lot more conversations...with myself...in my head...about my goals. Mostly it goes something like this.

Me: OOOH!!! Look, chocolate! Can we have it?
Also Me: No. We have an event on Friday. We need to have a clear face and feel good.
Me: OO! But can we have it?
Also Me: Sigh. No. Look we've discussed this. We're trying to be healthy again.
Me: Yeah...I guess. 

So, here's to goals and sticking to them. No matter how hard we try to self sabotage. 
Blessings, 
A

Comments