Motivation Monday

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------

Over the weekend I totally blew all my progress out of the window. That awesome 5 pounds I lost? Yeah...well, it didn't go far. Can't blame anyone but myself. I couldn't self regulate this weekend. All I wanted to do was eat. EVERYTHING. So I did. I did a little better today. But that 5pm rush home...smashed organic black bean quinoa chips with some cashew cheese made by TreeLine. (The cheese is a total splurge. I'm embarrassed to say how much it costs, but it fills that guilty pleasure of mine without effecting my hormones. Lose-Win.) As well as some peanut butter with chocolate chips. Ugh!

I must need a snack a little later in the afternoon then I have previously been eating, as well as, I'm sure you've guessed it. MORE WATER! 

Also, it's difficult to wake up early, go out in -14 degree weather, just to get in and out of a cold vehicle, back into the frigid cold, just to go back inside and try and warm up again. AKA-- leaving my house, getting in the vehicle, going to the gym. 

I. Can't. (First world problems again.) 

With all this complaining, I did do a few things right. 

Last Sunday was warm enough to go for a run, at 30 degrees, it felt like a heat wave. Got two miles in, in preparation for my 5k coming up next month. 



I also completeled a few at home workouts with the help of Fitness Blender


 

One thing I want to brag about this last week. I got my  compound bow!!! I'm excited for this new challenge and adventure. The arrows have just been cut to my draw length, and glued back, so it was quite ready to take out for hunting, but I 'm so pumped about what this means for my mental and physical health. 


I've been reading material on bow hunting and the preparation it takes. I'm treating it like any race or sporting event that I've done. Learning what I need to learn and making sure I take the necessary steps to building strength in my upper body, as well as my mental health for sitting all day, outside, in the open field. Doesn't that just sound like a little bit of heaven?

Another fun fact for the week, exactly 1 year ago yesterday Iron Woman and I ran our first marathon. One year later to the day, wouldn't you know it? We were walking up 36 flights of stairs in preparation for our next event, in February. 


We both thought the stairwell would be cold. It was not. We were pretty surprised about how easy it was too. Well...not easy, but that we had the strength to do it, even though it had been awhile since we've run...or ever climbed that many flights of stairs. In February we get to do 40 flights. I think we're ready for the challenge!

I have still got to get my food under control. I let it hold such a power of me. I eat for comfort. For happiness. When really I just need to eat to live. Not live to eat. So, maybe the trick is, two smaller snacks between lunch and dinner instead of one big one? I'll give it a go tomorrow. 

Anyway, it's getting late. I need to finish dinner AND still workout. This workout, is inspired by my aunt. She achieved just the left side of the chart. I'm hoping to get through both sides, but we all have to start somewhere...again, right?



Blessings, 
A

Comments