One Swimsuit

A magical thing happened at Target today. I  tried on a swimsuit in hopes of getting something for our upcoming vacation. Guess what? I didn't hate how I looked! I actually really kind of loved it!

The weird thing that helped, I stumbled across this buzzfeed post of swimsuits you can buy on amazon and all the different women who tried on this suit were all different shapes and sizes. THEY ALL LOOKED AMAZING IN THE SAME SUIT. It's like the Sisterhood of the traveling pants. Only it's a swimsuit and it didn't get traded among friends.

Seeing these real women try on this one suit boosted me into thinking, that I too could rock whatever suit I got. 

My favorite was the 50's throw back suit. It was flattering on ALL body types. It was incredibly helpful seeing real, unedited photos of real women trying on these suits. How good they all looked in the SAME SUIT!

As I tried on a similar suit at Target I couldn't help but love how I looked. Loved my curves, my shape.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the size, but what is a size really? Just a number.  It's not my worth. It doesn't mean I've failed. Same with weight! I lift more now than I have in a long time. I want to lose body fat, that's my current goal.

There's a personal trainer I follow on Instagram her name is Megan Davis and she constantly posts body updates. (If you would be interested in her YouTube channel or working with her, use this link.) This picture below was one of my favorites. Did you notice her "25 pound weight gain"?




She's filling out and building muscle AND it's taken her 2 years. 



Every day. One meal at a time, one mile at a time, one swimsuit at a time ;) You got this. AND SO DO I!

Blessings, 
A

Comments