Wednesday Update: To Do or Not to Do

I've been lacking on sticking to a format recently. It also seems I'm better about posting towards the end of the week rather than the beginning, but I'm thankful you stick around to check out my crazy antics.

I've been making decisions to put myself in a better frame of mind about my body and emotions. Trying to listen mostly to positive music, watch comedy specials on Netflix, trying to listen to podcasts that aren't so dark. Mostly though, just acceptance, that I am beautiful. No matter my size. I am healthy, no matter how I think of myself. Just because I ate 4 chocolate eggs doesn't mean that I didn't do 12 sets of 5 pull ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats, with 7 of those sets in a 20 pound vest, last night. (You know...balance.)

Murph Training Tally's

I ran 5 miles on Saturday. Slow to start but I wanted to honor where my body was at that day. I didn't want to push it if I didn't feel like it, and I wanted to run when I felt like it. Giving my body the power back to my best indicator for what it needs, not my emotions.  Saturday was about the miles I put in, not the amount of time. I felt better with each passing mile. 

Last week I did learn about another Cross Fit workout I might want to attempt. It's call the 31 Heroes Project

I haven't quite figured out the steps I want to take to make this happen. First I would need to see if my gym would be willing to let me do this, second I would need help training as well as an actual training plan. How to do learn to rope climb? 

The Workout Of the Day (otherwise known as a WOD)
Reps: 8 hip thrusters, 6 rope climbs at a 15 ft ascent, 11 box jumps, and repeat as many times as possible in 31 minutes.


The premise behind the work out is to honor the 31 fallen soldiers that lost their lives on August 8th 2011. 
Lastly, in my decision making process, I need to commit to doing it. This one kind of scares me, LOL. I was TERRIBLE at the rope climb as a child in gym class. I'm also certain I haven't attempted to that since my childhood! 
Also, you have to campaign to fund raise. Which also scares me. What if I don't raise enough? Will I have to foot the bill if people don't donate? Well yeah, which is fine, but how much does that suck to not raise enough money? To not raise enough would make me feel like a failure...Que onslaught of swirling thoughts. But this project has a grip on me. I find myself drawn back to it. On a personal level, I knew/know someone who was affected by this tragedy. On a fitness level, I'm trying to put myself in a frame of mind of when I first started the Murph. Was I this excited and nervous?

Well first things first... I suppose I can either ask the owner of gym or just commit to doing it on my own. Either way...we have the equipment. 


I'll keep you posted, as the campaign still has last year's date on it. But maybe I'm just crazy enough to try to attempt it. 

Blessings, 
A

Comments