My Zombie Apocalypse Partner

I bet most of you are thinking this is be a reference to my Mr. While he is my partner in crime, in life, and greatest battle buddy, today is about a woman who we'll call the blonde bombshell. I've mentioned her once or twice before on the blog, but she's my woman crush Wednesday of the week. For no particular reason other than that I really-really admire her strength and her persistence.

Every Sunday night after The Walking Dead, while my Mr., her Mr., and myself are up still watching the Talking dead at 9:30pm. She's winding down and going to bed. She knows she needs to get up early. Priority one is kids, but she's knows they're taken care of sleeping soundly in their beds at 4:30 am, when she is up, never missing a Monday.



She food preps, even now as a stay at home mom., when most would think you wouldn't need too. She takes charge in situations that require a leader. She's also a fierce mother. If the world we're to be full of zombies tomorrow, I claim her for my team. 


I admire how her goals come first. It's important to surround yourself with like minded people. Sure I get a little crazy and whack-a-do but it's important to have people who bring you back down to earth. Especially when it comes to your health. Mentally, physically, spiritually.

I think what sticks out the most to me, is she's done this before. She's lost "the weight". We all know how hard it is! It's a game that we can never win sometimes! Not only does the bombshell put in the work of healthy eating and hitting up the gym; but she never complains about it. She's inspired me to try new things. A few summers ago she mentioned how she loves mowing the lawn! My mom taught to never do that because I could cut my foot off. (Yes...my mom the nurse. The wound nurse...worried about me cutting a foot off. She could stitch it back on but that's besides the point...she just didn't want too. LOL, no that's a lie, she hates seeing her kids in pain. I digress) The bombshell said she loved it because it brought her instant gratification. You could see the effort you put into it, right away.

So, I attempted to try it. Attempting excuses like, maybe my Mr. will field dress my deer if I continue to mow the lawn, my Mr. will start mowing the lawn again when he has time...I don't know what I had to tell myself these things...or bride him, but I LOVE mowing the lawn. It's the greatest workout and I just get to listen to music and push a mower around. That's it! She's right too, seeing that lovely cut grass...makes me want to start planting or growing flowers. Act like I care about curb appeal! Amazing how one thing can help you change your thinking.

The bombshell os also pretty humble and hardly brags about her hard work. Saying things like 'I can't dance, I went to zumba, but I can't move my butt like that.' She still goes.

She also fiercely loves her friends. This girl went OUT OF HER WAY to make me a home made gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free cake for my birthday. HOMEMADE! It was the best d*** cake. She's a great listener...probably because when you're mom to a strong willed little blonde 3 year old...you get good at it.

She's a good example of balance. Enjoying amazing food and good times with friends, but making sure her health and her family are priority number one.

There's not much more you could ask from somebody when heading into a post-apocalyptic world. I would trust her to make good decisions for the group, to keep us on track, as well not be afraid to gank some zombies along the way. This ones for you partner.






Blessings,
A

Comments