Weekly Update: Current Goals and PCOS Advocacy Day

Okay...today's post might be a long one today, so bare with me as I plug through everything. Not too long ago I posted about having S.M.A.R.T. goals. I've since refined my goals a little more. The major one being I now have a date specific goal. As in, the other day I was shopping for some much needed new clothes, and it turns out I've gained two pant sizes since starting my sedentary job. Lots and lots of sitting, which has been scientifically proven to be horrible for your health. Awesome. As if we didn't need another thing to think about.

However, one of the better things I have recently learned is where my macro-nutrient carb count might be. This is going to go a long way towards attaining my goal. Plus I set up a work buddy system for daily check-ins on our progress.


We both want to lose 20lbs by July 4th, of this year. We both have different ways of reaching this goal, but I will share mine with you...right now!

So in order to lose 20 pounds by July 4th (or 1.4 stones if you live on the other side of the pond.) I am going to drink more water during the day 60oz at least, eat green vegetables 3 times daily at minimum. Stick close to my training plan. Most importantly though, eat no less than 50 grams of carbs on days when I'm not so active, and NO MORE than 140 grams of carbohydrates on days when I train hard or have intense cardio days. The flexibility will allow for the weight loss as well as keep me satiated (also known as HANGRY!) on harder training days.

Other fitness goals include: Completing a full Murph with the 20lb vest on. Complete my June 10k in under 90 minutes, as well as complete 4 mile run on July 4th in 35 minutes or less. BOOM! I feel good about these goals.
At this moment I have ultimately decided against doing the 31 Heroes project...mostly because I have NO IDEA how to rope climb and so far the most helpful advice I have gotten is to watch a youtube video(...so...status update on that later.).
I do have a mud run with Roo scheduled for August. Nothing so far in September or October. November will be a 2 day long event over veterans day called the Squatchy challenge. Otherwise known as the beer and bagel trail race! Really looking forward to the events this year. Plus...I gotta catch up to Iron Woman's half marathon status...she's done...8?? 9? I might have lost count.

 (inFertility friends, if you are sensitive to triggers please jump ahead to the PCOS Advocacy Day Information.) As of now, Tough Mudder is out because Iron Woman has some amazing news!

Iron Woman has a tag along! Aka the girl is pregnant! Right now we call the bean Pedro...or Lupita...depending on how I feel LOL mostly it's just Pedro for now...but seriously prayers for a healthy pregnancy for now. Iron Woman is planning on running the 10k with me in June provided she's got the docs go-ahead. For this reason I will be doing a special guest post from my sister in law on pregnancy health and fitness very soon. Tel her congrats! I'm looking forward to helping her convert her little into a runner!



PCOS ADVOCACY DAY::


PCOS Challenge (which is an amazing non-profit organization helping to unite, educate, and women, their partners, and health professionals about the often confusing disease) is hosting A PCOS Advocacy movement where a passionate group of patients, supporters healthcare providers, researchers, community and industry partners unite on Capitol Hill to meet with members of Congress to urge them to make polycystic ovary syndrome a national priority. You can find more information at PCOSChallenge.org/pcos-advocacy-day. If you, like me, can't make it to capital hill, you can get in contact with your local or state representatives to talk about the impact PCOS is having on your life and your health. You can PCOS Challenge Register Now button to sign up and learn how to get in touch with your congressional representatives. I am nervous but I have signed up. A very nice representative at the PCOS challenge called me and advised that it will more than likely just be a 15 minute meeting...that's good...anything more and I'll start going down a rabbit hole of useless information... AH! Let's be real...I like to talk, and do that anyway...hoping I'll be able to stick to the point for 15 minutes.

This year's primary goal for advocacy day is to ensure the federal government is investing adequate resources to understanding the breadth and dept the impact of PCOS  (which affects more than seven million women and girls in the U.S.); to make PCOS research a priority to improve treatments and to find a cure; as well as support all those affected with PCOS with appropriate resources and programs.

Members of Congress do want to hear from the constituents! I can already tell you that I know my senator has signed onto the bill for September being national PCOS awareness month, because I emailed his office, not just me but other like me and you!

If you have questions you can comment below, send me a message...or even just check out the PCOS Challenge website for more information.

Until then, I am off to fight another day!
Blessings,
A

Comments