The Struggle Was Real

I was in a dark mood for a few days. I couldn't shake it, not completely sure why either. Kept me from feeling very motivated. I went down a rabbit hole on Instagram and that didn't necessarily help. Started playing the comparison game, so I backed away from social media for a few days. Needed to get my head on straight.

The thing about health is, it's not a one stop shop, make everything perfect kind of deal. It's day in, day out. Choices, attitudes, behaviors that can either make or break us.


I binged on some sugar last week which, I'm almost certain led to my foul mood. I'm contemplating doing a 21 Day Sugar Detox...I found some really good recipes recently, which also made me realize, I haven't shared a menu post in awhile. I will be posting this on Thursday! Going to try to share them more regularly again. I could not stop looking at recipes yesterday, in an attempt to avoid sugar, and now all I want to do is stand in the kitchen and make delicious, healthy food.

According to neuroscientist Jordan Gaines Lewis, in an interview with Huffington Post "When a person consumes sugar, just like any food, it activates the tongue's taste receptors. Then, signals are sent to the brain, lighting up reward pathways and causing a surge of feel-good hormones, like dopamine, to be released. Sugar hijacks the brain's reward pathway. While stimulating the brain's reward system with a piece of chocolate now and then is pleasurable and probably harmless, when the reward system is activated too much and too frequently, we start to run into problems."

Ultimately a sugar crash could end up making you feel anxious, moody, or depressed. The amount of baked goods, and candy I had last week more than likely contributed to this fluctuation of my mood. Clink on the link above for some even more damning information about sugar over-load.
I have been doing some great meal planning though and I believe I've set myself up for a good week.

Failure to plan is planning to fail...hoping I avoid that this week and while we took a trip out to the farm.
This weeks post will be all about food!
On Thursday I'll post the next few weeks worth of menu ideas and on Friday I'll post Paleo friendly camping recipes I can't wait to try while out at the farm!

Blessings,
A

Comments