Thursday Meal Planning!

As promised I am back today with two weeks worth of menus! Kind of...it won't be in depth as past posts have been, meaning the breakfast and snack list is smaller, because I'm not gonna lie...I'm kind of winging it. The upcoming weeks will have more recipes and pictures though, so hang onto your seats! (Is that a thing? Do people actually do that?)

Lunch: Most of the lunches are made for two days worth of food for two people. My budget crackdown skills are back in full swing after our vacation, which means, I'm using what we have on hand, until next pay day.
Beef Barbaco
Oven Baked Meatballs
Mini Mexi Meatloaves
Sloppy Joes for me and 1 frozen skillet dinner for the man
Left Over Chili
Left over tri tip.
Chicken breast with broccoli salad for me, and a chicken meal for the man.

Dinner:
We have dinner out on Fridays, because...I can't do it all. Laundry, dishes, meal making 6.5 days out of the week, work, part-time job, plus gym time, it's a lot!! Friday nights are my night off! I believe it's called, balance?

BBQ Chicken Legs, literally just chicken legs basted with BBQ sauce (I don't have all the ingredients so, unfortunately it will be store bought. However, click the link for a Paleo BBQ sauce.)
Sloppy Joes
Lemon-Thyme Chicken
Lemon-Garlic Steak
Crock Pot BBQ Tri Tip. I'll keep you posted on how this recipe works out. It's not until NEXT Saturday night's dinner. Here's hopping all goes well!
Burgers - I have this device, that might actually be for making ice cream sandwiches, (lol--definitely laughing at myself here) however, I use it to make these perfect, fat, burger patties. I'm not even totally sure where I got it, but hey...it works!
Chili
Coke-a-Cola Shredded BBQ Beef (No roll for me)
Mediterranean Steak

Snacks will mostly consist of apples + almonds. I've drastically reduced my fat intake, the only thing I did was quit buying almond butter. Which I kind of miss, but it was half of my fat intake for the day. Meaning, I'm also 'supposed to' have about 30-50 grams of fat...instead I was having upwards of 90 grams - we'll see how I feel with the reduced fat intake.
Protein shakes - these will have to go once I start the true sugar detox.
Hard boiled eggs + pitted cherries.
Seasame seeds

I did discover a new product recently,  Me-friendly yogurt! Meaning it's made with coconut or almond milk. I'm limiting these yogurts to twice weekly as I continue my trend of less fat.
Here are some of the brands I've tried.So far they're pretty good. Silk isn't as rich as I like, but the So Delicious is probably my favorite.




In the process of putting yogurt in with my protein shakes, I accidentally discovered healthy blueberry muffin dough. (Don't you judge me.) I was a dough eater as a kid...I know, I know, never really grew out of it. My sister, the baker hates it, because germs! and you're supposed to use all of the batter!!! AAH!!! LOL....but she was always nice and let me lick 1 spoon anyway. *true love*

Anyway...Healthy Blueberry Protein Dough
*1 single serving container of So Delicious Blue Berry Yogurt
*2 scoops of Vanilla protein powder (I use SunWarrior or Vega) (The reasoning behind the 2 scoops is because our bodies only recognize or use half of the plant based protein as it does the animal protein. To get a little more bang for your buck, if you're using pea-protein/brown-rice protein/hemp protein etc. You need to double the amount to get half the nutrients, or rather a single serving.)
*1 to 1.5 cups of milk of your choice (I use a nut milk or coconut milk).

SO GOOD!!! Try some time. However THIS recipe lead me to another recipe I wanted to try, BLUEBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS!


The Protein Healthy Muffin Dough then turning it into actual muffins it's probably one of the best things I've made all year.
Please tell me I'm not alone as a dough eating kid turned dough eating adult.

Thank you for stopping by friends! I hope to post some campfire recipes for tomorrow stay tuned!
Blessings
A

Comments