Fireside Friday Food

The man and I are headed out to the farm two weekends ago, which is ALWAYS full of good food and fun times. I'm so grateful for how my family responds to my dietary needs. When I bring a cooler of food only I can have, there are no judgments. Plus, it's nice of them to house us for a few days. Between being outside most of the weekend and with summer quickly rolling in, I've been looking at more recipes I can cook over a campfire. Maybe the man and I will actually go camping while the weather is nice! Either way...here are some neat recipes I have found to convert over to Paleo friendly.

This recipe was inspired from Little Things, it is not Paleo OR Me friendly. You can click the link for the original recipe and directions but here's how I plan to Paleo-it up.

  • 2 yellow onions
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/4 cup onions, diced
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar coconut sugar, or maple syrup would bring GREAT flavor to it.
  • 1 Tbsp. spicy ketchup tomato paste
  • 1 tsp. soy sauce 1 tsp hickory smoke flavor
  • 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs almond or oat flour
  • 1 pack of bacon
  • 1 bottle of BBQ sauce or Killer BBQ Paleo Sauce from Beauty and The Foodie
These salads look so fresh and delicious. Not paleo friendly necessarily, and slightly carb heavy, but something different than your typical potato salad or pasta salad.




Do you have any favorite camping recipes?
With love,
Blessings,
A

Comments

Unknown said…
All my favorite campfire recipes involve marshmallows...