Weigh In & Weekly Menu Ideas

I've been weighing myself every 3 days instead of every single day. I was stressing to much about every little change, every little up and down. Attempting to pay more attention to how my body feels, versus how much I think I weigh or trying to find satisfaction in a number.

A large part of how I feel has to do with how I'm fueling my body. I go through the trouble of creating two weeks worth of menus, which include lunch, dinner, and snacks. If I'm really feeling spunky I'll make a breakfast menu but my breakfast ideas hardly ever change.

The funny thing is though, I have all these great recipes and ideas and half the time I end up making something else. Using most of the same ingredients but a different item. Sometimes, life happens and I end up not having time to food prep or make what I initially intended to make. I'm working on, curbing my type A perfectionism, or at the very least...not being so hard on myself when life happens and I don't hit every goal. Thus...menu changes!

I intended to start out the week with a paleo chicken pot pie for lunch, but that didn't happen. I had the chicken set out but no time to make it. Instead I had left over shrimp stir fry, which consisted of sauteed cabbage, red pepper, red onion, and zucchini noodles. I also had left over cabbage rolls from last week, which were FANTASTIC!!! I will DEFINITELY be making these again. Plus it's fairly cheap, and the abundance of food it makes I can use the left overs (such as the cabbage in other meals.)
Then the man went out of town for a training seminar I had oven roasted chicken breast plus popcorn...and wine. Don't worry, I included it in my macro count, lol.


Today and tomorrow was supposed to be buffalo turkey meatballs, but the turkey needed to be used by Tuesday. So, I browned and sauteed the ground turkey, added sauteed green peppers, red onions, 1 can diced tomatoes, some seasonings, about 4 tablespoons of salsa.  Viola, turkey tacos! Delicious. So that's lunch for the next two days instead.

Tonight Cashew Chicken ,

Friday: Lunch: Low carb turkey tacos ("recipe" above)
            Dinner Out OR Burgers

Saturday: Brunch: Brussel Sprouts with Eggs (using left over bacon ((is that a thing?? left over bacon??)) from Friday night Burgers.)
Dinner: Will either be BBQ chicken legs or Dinner with family

Sunday: Crock Pot Steak Fajitas  Dinner: Steak

Monday: Left over steak fajitas Dinner: Burgers

Tuesday: I will be using recipes similar to these, but from a paleo cookbook I have at home. Paleo Slow Cooker Sausage (minus the pasta/roll) Dinner: Fried Eggs Benedict and Cornbread Waffles

Wednesday: Happy 4th!!! French Toast!! Dinner: Steak

(Get it? They're flags! Bacon, blueberries, and coco-whip!)

Thursday: Lunch: Sweet and Savory Meatballs Dinner: Beef & Broccoli 

Friday: Lunch: Left over Sweet & Savory Meatballs Dinner: Out on the Town or something I pick up at the store as this will then be a start of another two weeks. GROCERY SHOPPING DAY!


Snacks for the week consist of: sliced turkey + 1/2 cup pitted cherries. 3 hard boiled eggs plus almonds, the cherries, and or the pumpkin seeds. Protein bars before or after workout. That's pretty much my food life for the next week or so.

Alright enjoy!!! It's almost time for my 3rd meal of the day! LOL

Blessings,
A

Comments