Mindful Monday: Spiritual Health

Today was a rough day. Do you ever have one of those days where, in your brain, the lights are on, but no one is home? Well...in my case, even the lights weren't on...okay...maybe the night light...in the basement...but that's it.

Then people happened. "People" are the worst. I'm supposed to be a good loving christian and pretend that everything is happy, unicorn, rainbow, farts. Well it's not. There's no such thing as a "good Christian" we can strive to be people who chase after God, but really we're all a bunch of sinners. God died for your sins just as much as he died for mine.


I could sit here and explain all the crap that happened today...how it frustrates me that I was treated like an idiot the local supply store worker- the 60 year old man working a part time job to pay his wife's medical bills, or berated by the pushy woman who wanted me to donate to the Veterans charity but didn't realize both of my parents ARE veterans, because she was more worried about making a sale to pay rent this month; or I could you tell  about the grumpy waiter who tipped himself $5 on my receipt hoping I wouldn't see... that he's trying to get ahead... (Trust me, I didn't tip him extra after I saw what he did.)

No. No, instead I am going to tell you that I chose to be respectful, be a little funny, and then got in my car and screamed obscenities at the top of my lungs because "people". I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post, other than, today I tried.

Today, I tried to realize that we're all just trying to make it to the other side. I may never have the perfect body, or the perfect house, or the perfect little family. However, what I do have is, everything.

A family that loves me, a new kitten (more on that later!) friends I can complain about life too, a husband who works hard, loves me unconditionally, and a church that cares, no like actually cares. I've never felt the love of Christ more alive than in the church I've been going to for a little over 7 months now. And trust me....I'm the princess of church shopping. I have running water, cold and hot. I have a snuggly old Bulldog. We have friends who help you fix appliances. I have hope. Hope for a future that may still be a few years off. I have joy for being a woman in America who can speak her mind. Not everyone has this privilege and I do not take it lightly.

Today I did my best to be the hands and feet of God, but I fell short. I complained. I cursed. I did my best to be loving. Again, I fell short.

I'm not better because I'm a Christian, but my life is better because I believe in Christ. 

Today's post was a detour from my typical Monday posts...or most of my posts in general...but I just really wanted to talk about my no good, terrible, bad day and put it into perspective. I want to express that Spiritual health, is just as important as your physical, mental, and emotional health.

Today, I tried.




We have to be active in our faith just as much as we have to active in our health. Without water intake, without proper nutrition, the body withers and dies. Just as not trying to be good to one another kills the spirit.



Blessings,
A

Comments