Monday Motivation Mantra

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------

I'm fairly certain I went way off the trail this last year with my eating habits. I KNOW I REALLY DID this weekend! It was bad. 

Instead of beating myself up though, I remembered, or rather this thought occurred to me. Life is a marathon, not the sprint. 



Realizing that slow progress is still progress, that we're all going to have bad training days, bad runs, bad food choices, we still need to be persistently consistent. So while the weekend started out Friday night with a few drinks to lower my metabolism, and two EXTREMELY heavy carb days, my body did not like me. 

However, I did run 3 miles on Saturday with TayTay


Completed a gym workout plus mowed the front lawn on Sunday, then tonight I ran another 3 miles. 



No matter how hard I try, I cannot out exercise a bad diet, also my body hates carbs. Okay-okay...my body hates the bad carbs. Good carbs, the complex carbohydrates that are slow to impact your blood sugar levels. Those help. My body likes those. Here's to getting back on track this week. 

I'm going to try making it through the week with a low glycemic diet then on Sunday I'm gonna have a cheat meal. We'll see how this goes, I'll keep you posted. 

Tuesday: 45min of Yoga



Wednesday & Thursday: Lift at the Gym 
I'm going to try Jaime Eason's 30-Day Knockout Total Body Workout, until about mid August when I start training for my trail running or my sister in law gives me my new training schedule...whichever comes first. Stay tuned!

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Run

Last but not least for the week, I was able to use my Garmin for an actual run on Saturday with TayTay, but realized AFTER we started the run, I didn't have the data screen set to show my mileage. That was a bummer. By my 3 miler tonight I was able to get it adjusted. 
However, I'm so used to that little automated voice telling me how many miles I've gone and what my split pace time is, I miss using Map My Run. While, the Garmin sync's to my fitnesspal, which sync's to map my run, I think next time, I am going to use the app and try to separate it out from my Garmin. I'm so used to having the Nike+ watch not linked to map my run, I'm really okay with not having it synced. We'll see. Maybe the 3rd run I'll have it set up to where I'm comfortable. 

For now I am off to bed. 
Blessings everyone, 
A

Comments