Mid Week Check-In: Yoga for Knee Pain

Today, I do not feel like working out...but I need too. I realized tonight though, that I am going to have to start shifting back to morning workouts. I had a massage client after my 8-5 gig today, and right now...currently dinner is in the oven. I am NOT wanting to do anything! I haven't reached my step count for the day and I  should do some yoga tonight!

But the beginning is what matters. It's going to set the tone for the next 13 weeks. So I need to start focusing!

Monday: we can mark off my 3 mile run.
Tuesday: 'Rest'
Wednesday: Yoga
Thursday: Run 30 mins
Friday: Upper Body
Saturday: Circuit Training Full Body/Resistance band training
Sunday: 3.5 mile trail run. Weeeeeeee!!!



This 2nd one cracked me up! It's true though. I use these quotes to push myself forward, but the quotes will only get me so far unless I put them to use. 

The main point I wanted to talk about was how yoga has helped my knee pain. On Sunday I ran virtually pain free. I twinges, no feeling of giving out, no over stressing. I even conquered a few hills without pain!

The reasoning behind this is because I am allowing my muscles the time to recoup through deep stretches to my lower back and hips. The tightness of my IT band, the stiffness in my glutes had been causing the knee cap to pull to the side and create that burning sensation because my knee cap was tracking wrong. Also not wearing heels the day before or after a run really helps as well. 


Tonight, whether your looking for a quick stretch.




Or a full body stretch plus workout


You need yoga in your life to function. It increases flexibility, may increase muscle tone and strength (body weight exercises!),  for me it can either energize me or help me to completely relax. It's all the same amazing benefits of sweaty hard workout...without the sweat....sometimes...sometimes not. It's all how you decide to build your yoga practice. Alright...now that I've cooked dinner and eaten in the amount of time it's take me to write this post...It's time to Namaste! 

Blessings, 
A

Comments