Monday Motivation: Trail Running Week 2 Schedule




Today marks Week 2 for my trail running training. Yesterday I was able to run 3.5 miles through a mostly wooded area and up and down some small terrain plus hill changes. It felt good! I had negative splits for the entire run. Still pretty slow so I will continue to work on my speed work, but it's not nearly as important as long term endurance for this run.


 Do I have what it takes to keep going for 13 miles on Saturday and 4 miles on Sunday? I might not, right now, but I will through training, and I need to keep that in mind as I fuel my body and my brain.

I did really good last week with food, but then the weekend showed up...I have zero self control on the weekends. I am really going to need to buckle down and line that up as I get deeper into training.

This week: Today I did not workout because I was invited to a Common Ground Banquet on the Farm! It was beautiful and my brain is almost overloaded with material, but I also might be tired...or both! I'll have my full review of the dinner later this as there are still a few more questions I have that need to be answered and more research I need to do. However, let me give the highlight tour...GMOs, organic farming, hormones in food, and pigs get sunburns! Are just a few of the things I learned about tonight. Again, I'm really excited to share this with you, but it will have to wait until later this week.

For now...here's my training schedule.
Honestly, I feel like sharing it with you guys is the only thing keeping me honest, lol.

Well crud...I'm going to have share my training schedule from memory tonight...I think I left it at work.
Tomorrow, Tuesday: 3 miles and 20 mins of upper body strength training
Wednesday: 30mins+ of leg day!
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: Rest
Saturday: MUD RUN! w/ Roo!
Sunday: 4 Miles

Lets of time on my feet this week, which is good, but also gonna be a little tough as it's been forever since I've had a week this intense.


Alright for now, I am off to bed!
Blessings,
A

Comments