Exercise Tuesday

I kind of have a new girl crush. Her YouTube channel is Action Jacquelyn. I discovered her channel on Tuesday of last week, she posted a Halloween workout video, while it didn't have any cookey names or feature Halloween music, it was a butt kicking, high intensity, sweat dripping workout.





I immediately signed up for her emails. One of the first emails you'll receive is about her journey to where she is now. By all accounts she's probably always looked "thin" to most of us, she herself has struggled with anxiety and self esteem. Achieving a life long dream of being a lakers dancer, but then ultimately having a panic attack in the middle of a crowded mall on the other side of the world, she knew something had to change. 
When you sign up for her emails you will get weekly or daily emails of inspiration, there are challenges involved (or mini workouts). One of the bennies I'm most looking forward too "mindset shift worksheets motivation", because boy do I need to change my thought patterns lately. 

This morning, I so desperately wanted to sleep in another 20 mins. However, I faced the facts realized my race was coming up and a 20 min workout was going to do me more good than sleeping in. 

I knocked out the Love Yourself Workout this morning, it was literally 20 minutes start to finish. 
I love the way she talks to you, reminding you to dig deep or if you have too, take the modification. Which I had to a number of times. A little more than I'm willing to admit. 



Trying not to focus on how these 30 extra pounds make me feel. Instead, I'm trying to push through my workouts as best as possible. I noticed lately I've been afraid of the burn. You know that burn in your muscles when know you've had a good workout?
I'm not sure what triggered it. I don't know if it was the knee pain from last year or the hip pain this year...a combination of both...and maybe even the plantar fasciitis I dealt with. All of it...but I've been afraid to hurt. 
I don't want my legs to hurt on my long runs and I've been avoiding activities that while good for me, would make me uncomfortable. 

I have a lot of mind set changing to do. It's not going to happen over night. However, I know it'll keep me from falling further down this rabbit hole of mediocre work outs and poor eating habits.  


Thanks for stopping by friends. If you have any tips and tricks you use to get on track, send my way! I'll be compiling a list for Friday. Something I can use during my race. 

Blessings, 
A

Comments