Mid-Week Check In!

In my last post I talked about what steps I need to take to move forward with getting my healthy living lifestyle back on track. To get my hormones back in neutral territory. I'm happy to report that since my last post, I am getting back into the grove.

My first victory this week was that instead of reaching for chocolate or sugar as soon as I get home from work, I ate an apple with almond butter, then the next night I ate pretzels with treeline cashew cheese.
I also celebrate a birthday this past Saturday, a big 32! This year I was inspired by my sister in law to ask for practical things for gifts. My parents are huge gift people, especially for us kids. I think they love of seeing our faces light up when we unearth a gift that they put a lot of love into. A gift they have spent time searching for. No different this year. Some day I hope to be able to repay them with awesome stuff...like...if I ever became mega famous and rich...I'd buy them a house. Like most celebrities do. I would LOVE to do that! (Good thing I have a finance person...mom and dad might have to settle for a nice trip to Harry Potter world though instead of house...but I think they'll love me all the same.) ANYWAY!!! I digress...like usual.  #squirrel

This year, I got a ninja blender, I can hardly wait to start using that! I'll keep you posted once I get those recipes started though, there's a beet shake I want to try along with a zucchini egg bake. VEGE-TABLES! VEGE-TABLES! (You gotta say it like a football chant.)

I also got a lunch box that holds about 4 binto boxes!

I aced it this week with meal prep thanks to my new lunch box! 4 days (because I didn't pack for thanksgiving) of protein bars, hard boiled eggs, 2 apples, 2 pears, plus 4 lunch meals of meatballs and green beans! Bonus feature, it also came with a thermos! I put hot coffee in it this morning at 6am, I didn't start drinking it till 7:30am and it was still hot! Steaming hot! (Sorry, I've been watching a lot of New Girl lately, and I feel like I'm shouting a lot like Ms. Jessica Day.)


My sister in law also gave me this...I guess you can call it a notebook called FitBook. It's like an analog version of MyFitnesspal. I really like it, because I feel like it's more in depth, AND i'm not on my phone as much.
For instance, the book starts out with your stats. Where you are and where you want to be for inches and weight. It has a section for your goals. In 12 weeks what do you hope to accomplish. This is where you write the broad strokes for your 12 week plan. It also has a space to write in some motivation.
My 12 week workout goals are to work out 6x weekly and to log 1 mile a day between Thanksgiving and New Years Day! (That starts tomorrow!)
Nutrition goals: More vegetables and water. Less sugar. (It's only been 3 days but so far...no chocolate! No candy! No sweets!)

This book is a blank canvas for a 12 week fitness program, the pages are open for you to write in the dates, your menu, goal for the week. IT EVEN HAS A SECTION FOR WHAT YOUR REWARD WILL BE FOR REACHING YOUR GOALS!!! (That excites me because my first thought was WINE!)
What were your stats and the beginning of the week? What are they are the end of the week? Then each week has a daily breakdown. Did you workout that day? If so how did it go? What kind of workout was it? How did it make you feel? Food log, how did you feel after each meal. It has a few boxes on the bottom of the page where you mark how many servings of grains, veggies, fruits, dairy, protein, fats, sugars, vitamins you've had. There's also a section for your water intake and how many hours of sleep did you get the night before?
The close of each week there is a weekly wrap up. Weekly Plan: did you follow your weekly plan and reach your goals? Reward yourself!) Goals reach, reward earned? The bigger sections contain what worked for the week, what didn't, a space to journal about as well as some weekly inspiration. You can write a quote, a bible verse, a compliment you received.

I needed so desperately to breath life back into my fitness routine. The daily logging of my food was getting hard, I either met my carb count or I didn't. If I went over I was cruel to myself in thought. If I was under I felt superficially accomplished. As if I had finally done one right thing for the day. I haven't logged my food in 3 days, but I'm feeling good.
I got back to the gym today for the first time since October 23rd. It has been almost an entire month since I lifted some weights. My body could feel it today too! 3 sets of 10 rep squats with a two pound barbell...I started to stiffen up as soon as I set down to work my upper body. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!
Tomorrows goal, 1-2 miles for the Runners World 2018 Winter Run Streak!
I did follow up today's workout with 2 scoops of yoli lean greens and 1 scoop of yoli fun. Yoli fun contains BCAA's which may help with muscle recovery after a workout. Yoli Lean greens is stacked full of important vitamins and minerals to help keep your body in a neutral Ph balance. As a girl who fights the inflammation of PCOS, fighting back against the breakdown of muscles tissue and inflammation is important to me. Anyway I can aid my body in the healing process, I'm gonna do.

Alright...on to the next. As I stated last week I wanted to finish out the 28 day PrayFit devotional, by Jimmy Pena. Each day starts with a faith paragraph, you are to read a bible suggested bible verses which is a bible verse and a short passage, it's followed by questions to ask yourself in regards to your spiritual and your physical fitness. Then a quick prayer is offered up before moving onto your daily exercise routine. It's very simple so far. The first few days are asking you to perform as many incline push-ups and squats as possible, then each day add at least one more rep.


I don't like that it's vague. As in...how many sets? Is there a time limit? I would suggest if you are looking into this book, when given your exercise set a timer. Whether it's 30 seconds or 2 minutes, is entirely up to your fitness level. I suggest starting with 30 seconds then working your way up to longer sets.
I'm only on day 5, so I cannot give you a whole picture yet, but as I start to really dig into this new 12 week plan I will keep you posted. Each week I want you all to hold me accountable...kind of a big ask, I know. However, I want to say thank you for reading my meandering thoughts, as well as rooting for my progress.

As of Today, I have officially accomplished last weeks goals. I have 3 weeks worth of menus, I have a fancy new way to meal prep, and tomorrow I'm thinking ahead towards a healthy breakfast.
Baked egg whites, with spinach, hash browns, and bacon. Plus a superhero muffin! I'll post the recipe next week.

OH! Lastly, I have discovered a 12 week plan using the Body Builder App. It's called Transformed.


It's a beginner 12 week plan to your best self. I was attracted to this plan, because I was able to get the workouts for free using my app and the 12 weeks fits well with my Fitbook, but mostly...it's a WHOLE body experience that keeps building each week to get you leaner and stronger.

LOL, yeah so I'm kind of all over the place. 5 days into pray fit, 3 days into fitbook, and today was day 1 of the Transformed program. It'll all come together. I know it will. ;)

Alright everyone, I am outta here.
Blessings AND HAPPY TURKEY DAY TOMORROW!
A

Comments