Monday Motivation: What's Your Why?

Personally, I think it's important to remember where you started. Where you came from. Especially in your health and fitness journey.

I have a picture to share...it's a before and after. Neither picture is me at my best. In the first I am slouching, gut out, half smile. The second I've finished my birthday run and I'm ready to eat!
 The differences in those 10 years is pretty obvious.


In 2008 I was newly married, not a runner, and just enjoying life. I had my days where I hated the way I looked, I hated being the designated ugly, fat, friend. These are all things I thought of myself. Most people wouldn't have associated me with those names. 
Physically I think the biggest difference is in my hips. I still have a tummy but I've officially ran 5 half marathons, 1 full, I've completed a few Murph challenges plus countless other races. I started this journey to get healthy and eventually have a baby. While motherhood isn't out of the question yet for me, I'm focusing on what's next. 
Why am I continuing to run races, complete challenges, wake up stupid early to get in a workout? That's what I intend to spend the rest of the next 9 weeks discovering. As Hannah Eden says, it can be something superficial. I think I have a pretty superficial goal in mind, however I'm not sure if I want to share it yet. Right now I don't have a big reason. That deeper why that keeps me striving for the next thing and next thing and the next. 
That's what I'm going to try and tap into. This morning my superficial goal got me out of bed, but it didn't get me moving fast enough. I was only able to complete a 20 min HIIT.

My big goal, might have helped with that.  

Week 3 is in the books...apparently...I thought I was only on week 2...but I guess my Fitbook didn't exactly line up perfectly with my gym sessions. Either way as long as I can reach my goal by February then who cares if it's off?
Yes, I would like to lose weight. however, quiet honestly, I'd be happier with a smaller jean size, and a lifted rounded booty. You don't have to weigh less to wear less. It's true though!! 
It's all about body fat percentage. I noticed over the weekend I am starting to making a progress towards my goal, I could squeeze into a pair of jeans I was sure wouldn't fit. Next I need to work on a little less squeezing and dancing into. 

Review of last week. I achieved 4 out of 6 workouts! That's good. I missed two days in my fitbook for logging food...and I found the cookies in the freezer. So not a great weekend, but I didn't let me get off track too much. 

This week, I want to fill in every day of my Fitbook, complete 6 out of 6 workouts. More sleep, more water, and NO JUNK FOOD till Saturday night! Nothing special happening, just that's what I am designating as my cheat meal for the week. 

What is your why? What are your goals? Share in the comments below or email me! I'd love to hear from you. 
For though, I am out of here. I will be back tomorrow with my exercise plan. I am also hoping this week to get you a NEW RECIPE or my Meal Plan!
Blessings Everyone, 
A

Comments