Therapy Thursday: Holiday Stress

I can't explain why, that's the beautiful thing about anxiety, but I have been on edge for the last week or so. My nerves are frayed, my system is shot, and I feel amped up constantly. Again, can't explain it.


Maybe I'm worried about the presents I bought... are they good enough? Honestly, they're great presents...and it's not that big of a deal. Am I getting enough sleep? According to my watch? No. How's your diet? Do cookies for dinner help? HA!! NO! I have a lot of running around to do. I have to adult some more, aka reschedule the cat appointment, balance my budget, switch insurances, clean the house etc.

I feel like I just need a minute to sit and be still. Which is so-so important during this time of the year. I think all the healthy eating and exercising is flushing natural endorphins through my system, and I have excess energy again. What am I doing to combat that?
Well...not a whole lot. Besides exercising and making sure I reach my 5,000 steps every day. I also need to stop drinking coffee for a little bit. Reduce the sugar intake. Slow down and just breath.

I took a beat for myself last night and watched a movie.

I just needed to be cozy, content, and warm for a little bit. I became a burrito last night. There's a solid chance that's happening again the next few nights.

This time of year tends to claim our sanity sometimes. Whether it's the need to please others, over schedule ourselves to make ends meat and purchase that delicious meal, or we plain just don't have good boundaries when we're over worked.
It's important to breath. It's important to take a hot shower, make yourself a delicious, healthy, meal like chicken soup to warm the soul as well as nourish the body.
Needless to say, I did not try any new recipes this week. Instead I'm taking a moment to center my thoughts, and calm my anxieties.
What are ways you can take time for yourself this next week?

I've heard that failing to plan is planning to fail. I haven't quite figure it out yet, but I think I'm going to workout Friday & Saturday. Rest Sunday, lift on Monday and if the weather is nice enough, go for a Christmas day run of 2.5 miles. Get it? Ha! So nerdy...lol.
Food wise will be tough, there will be a lot of temptations around...and I'm baking half of them myself. I will need to drink plenty of water, moderate my sugar intake and balance it all out with some protein and greens.

Alright everyone, I'm gonna go deliver some Holiday cheer!
Blessings everyone,
A

Comments