Fan Girling over my next Meal Plan

This week's meal plan is a little shorter. I only grabbed a few things from the store to help get us by until next week when I'll make the big shopping trip. It was pretty funny tonight though, as I let the grocer bag my things "eating healthy is expensive".

Yeah, I agreed, but that's why you gotta find ways to make to stretch and cooking in bulk, helps!

Breakfast meal plan: 1 cup egg whites + a heaping handful of fresh leaf spinach + 1 apple and pumpkin custard + 2 eggs on the side

Lunch: Omelette's, Paleo sloppy joes, Whole 30 buffalo ranch chicken meatballs, meatloaf, salmon salad

Dinner: Steak, Sloppy Joes, Bacon Superfood meatloaf, Whole 30 Buffalo Ranch chicken meatballs, Left Overs

Snacks: Plant based protein shake, energy bites + hard boiled eggs, sliced turkey + grapes, grapes + pumpkin seeds.


The Bacon Superfood Meatloaf is from the 2nd edition of Danielle Sanfilippo's Balanced Bites Cookbook. I have to say, I'm a little obsessed with her recipes, not only are the easy to make, but you can make them in bulk and stretch them out for a few days worth of lunches. I have 3 of her cookbooks... so...I guess I'm a fan? I just need to actually follow the diet plans she has laid out in, well, ANY of her books.

The first book I purchased on my Nook, which hindsight, I won't purchase another cookbook that way. It was her 21 Day Sugar Detox Meal Plan. I loved this plan, it cut out ALL SUGAR, even the pesky sneaky ones that will show up on things like nuts or dried fruit. It was hard. You can read about my experience in these posts. I think I am going to attempt it again come February. The hard part will be cutting out the protein powder.

The 2nd book I purchased was the 2nd edition that I talked about earlier. This goes further into different diets, such as hormone, autoimmune, heart health; blood sugar, thyroid, athletic performance, the list goes on. The recipes are delicious, easy to make, and realistic. I don't feel as if I'm spending hours in the kitchen trying to cook one single meal. Plus, one of my FAVORITE things about her cook books, in her meal plans are the words left overs. Yes. She knows our time is precious, so why spend it making endless amounts of 1 time meals? I promise I'm not a spokesperson...I didn't even realize how much I liked her books until I started talking about them.

The most recent book I purchased is the 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook with over 100 recipes. Next weeks meal plan is coming to straight from the pages of this book, and I can hardly wait to share them with you.


I am so excited about this book. Breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner. It's meal plans like these that make me excited to go grocery shopping.
Also...just a reminder, when trying to "lose weight", it starts in the kitchen.
You cannot out exercise a bad diet. Start by collecting recipes, whole foods, less junk, more vegetables. Start with one meal a week, then two meals, then 3. Cut out potato chips and soda after that. Small attainable changes will last a longer than any fad.

Alright I'm outta here.
Be well, eat your vegetables.
Blessings,
A

Comments