Hot Toddy Cure All

All of my fitness trackers are hollering at me this week "Why haven't you worked out? Girl, why have you been away from the gym? Don't you want to workout?"

I would much rather work out than be sick. This is dragging on! However, it could be worse and by most measure I'm doing well.

It started right after New Years. A head cold, nothing major, minor sniffles, runny nose, headache, sinus pressure, sneezing, coughing. I got by with minimal medical intervention.
I completed a few workouts, including a cardio session on Monday the 7th.

Then the stomach virus hit. I cancelled all of my clients last week, for fear of spreading the virus further. Plus I needed the rest. That lasted for about 3 days, stomach cramping followed by the inevitable trip to the bathroom...bleh. No workouts. minimal calories because I literally couldn't stomach most of it, broke my no grain goal for January because that was the only that DID sound good.

Then this past Saturday, it was the most energy I had in two weeks! I was gung -ho to complete a workout. However my brain really wanted me to rest. It took effort to make myself get up and complete 15 flights of stairs, plus an 8 minute ab workout. I felt good! However that night, it started with a little tickle in the back of my throat. I was sure it was just allergies. By Sunday night I had a full blown chest cold.

Turns out...I worked out too soon. My chest and nasal cavities are full of mucus. YUM! The cough exportant and suppressant made me dizzy and did little to help. Sunday night I woke up around 1am not being able to breath. I was eventually able to clear my throat and get some water to get back to bed.
Then...last night, I couldn't take it anymore. I broke another January "get back on track" rule. Alcohol.

1 cup hot water
1 Celestial Tea Seasonings Sleepy Time Tea bag
2 tsp honey
1 shot of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
2-3 tsp of lemon juice



I slept so well, I woke fully rested this morning and with a cough that was getting rid of more phlegm! I got a full 8 hours of sleep.

I've also slathered my chest and bottom of my feet in vicks along with a few drops of an essential oil cold 'Release' from young living. The essential oil is for emotional release, but I figure I need to release this phlegm from my chest so I'm going with it.

On another note, I have found myself to be a little calmer even with all of this sickness. I have also started using another essential oil blend called Tranquil, it is for relaxation.

On New Years Eve I was lamenting to a friend about some things I was going through. As a consultant these were the two biggest oils she recommended. I've always been a bit of what my husband likes to call "tree hugger", but I think diving head first into some essential oils helps add to that stigma.
The point is, emotionally I am feeling a bit better. Now, if I could get my body back on track! Then we'll be top form!
I've decided since I was barely able to get my current training plan off the ground then I am just going to start from the beginning.
My plan is to ease myself back into working out to allow my body time to recover from the immune suppressing viruses I've had. Then start with day 1 of the female bible training plan again.

I read through the plan again, on the link above. The author really breaks down how to make the plan work for 3 different body types ectomorph (look like long-distance runners) memomorph (look like bodybuilders and gymnsts) lastly, endomorph (look like power lifters).

Cassie Smith advised on how to break down your macro-nutrients for each body type, as well as recommended supplements, a meal plan and general guidelines on what your portion sizes should look like.

Find a plan like this to move forward with your health goals. Something that encompasses your needs, wants, strengths, and weaknesses. It's time we stop searching in the dark and start looking for what will work for our own individual bodies.

Speaking of bodies. This tired one, will not be working out again until I feel 100% better. As the old saying goes "If it's above the neck you're fine to workout, it's below the neck, best to wait until you feel better."

Blessings everyone,
A

Comments