Mid-Week Check In

It's been well over 2 weeks since I last worked out. I am not 100% better, but I'm going with an optimistic 85%. I still have a wicked cough, I've cleared mostly clear mucus, no fever, great appetite...just this cough that's hanging around plus the minor sore throat from drainage.

Basically...now is the time to start working out again. I've decided to start my Female Training bible over again in Feb. With it being January 23rd, I am going to take the next week and a half to start setting healthy habits again.

The man & I spent a weekend away in Vegas with some friends, this past weekend. It was so much fun! A little wild...as I'm not used to that much...openness from people in the public, but we all had a good time.


We walked A TON! 9 miles on Thursday, 10 on Friday, and 13 miles on Saturday! It helped push me towards my 2019 mile goals for Run the Edge


I reached 100 miles this month!! I'm hoping I can get to 2,019 for the year. Just need to keep getting those steps in. Even with all that walking, I don't think I did my body good...I was still suffering from an upper respiratory cold and what I really needed was rest. Cue sleeping for 9 hours 3 nights in a row and still not feeling 100%.

Anywho...the point is I'm finally feeling well enough to start working out again...but seriously after two weeks for a cold/virus/not working out/still pushing my body to get things done?
I better take it easy instead of going full tilt back into crazy workouts.

Over at Financially Fit Mama, she has 6 tips for getting back to a routine after a break. 
#1 - Find your Why. Mine is a trip we are taking in May to see some friends out of state. We plan to hike and camp, and be adventurers! That's going to take stamina and energy. I need to build up to that. Secondly, I REALLY want to feel good about my body again, feel comfortable in my skin, feel fast on feet. With that comes diet changes (aka NO DAIRY!), and losing a few pounds. These are my goals though, they do not have to be your goals. 

#2- Create a routine. As much as I HATE getting up early to workout, it's easier to get it over with earlier in the morning. Current game plan light HIIT tomorrow morning, 25 flights of stairs on Saturday, Monday Mini Murph. Basically 2 rounds of 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 air squats (I will NOT be using my vest.) walk 1/2 mile. Tuesday 8 min ab video plus yoga. 


Wednesday, walk/run 1 mile. Thursday light HIIT workout again. Friday Rest.

Then February I will be ready to go head on with my training plan. I got right back on track when the plane landed on Sunday afternoon. After consuming more carbs than necessary Sunday night I had egg whites plus spinach and an apple and almond butter. It felt good to eat something wholesome. 

A few more tips for starting back after a hiatus: Go slow! I might have to cut out a day next week if I'm feeling to tired, but for now...I have a game plan and that's half the battle. Nourish your body! Eat all your vegetables, drink your broth, continue to eat clean. Be Kind! The most important thing, is be kind. If you're feeling drained after 2 days of working out, rest the 3rd day but then pick it back up the 4th. Rest when you need to rest, push yourself, but don't over do it. Love where you're at and appreciate the time your putting into getting well and being healthy!

Alright readers, Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and I'll be back tomorrow with another meal prep and plan!
Blessings, 
A

Comments