Sunday Summary: Sugar Craving

Things I am not doing instead of eating chocolate...

Writing this blog.

Adding up my macros for the day.

Meal prepping.

Hanging out with my husband.

Cleaning the house...crap I need to go switch out the laundry, but HOORAY for the dishes being done.....for the next 2 minutes.

Looking at pinterest when I should be writing this blog post.

Cleaned the cat box, picked up the living room, sold an old appliance.

I used my Garmin and made sure I got in 5,000 steps....walked up and down the hallway just to get those last 20 in.

Okay, I know...week in review! 

Instead of focusing how there is currently no chocolate in my hand...I want to focus on what I did accomplish this past week.
I completed 3 workouts from the Female Training Bible. I like that they focus on stretching. It reminded me that I needed to use my foam roller this week. My IT band is already looser. Pain free makes for a happy runner. I completed mile 1 of my Run The Edge 2019 commitment.
I have not been using my Fitbook this past week, but I would like to start using it again. I really enjoyed the time I put into journaling about my workouts, and my diet. Plus the weekly wrap ups to review your goals, helped to keep the goal as a main focus in my mind.

Turns out I like counting my macros, it's easier with the my fitnesspal app, but I am working on having a healthy relationship with not only my body, but how I view food and fitness. I have to not focus so hard on whether I hit a certain number but whether or not I felt good after what I ate. Felt better after I worked out.

Exercise should never be a punishment for eating something bad. You should also not eat something bad in response to an emotional feeling. For example, if someone makes a snarky comment, instead of internalizing it then eating 10 cookies, you take the time to examine, do I even want this first cookie?

Today the sugar craving hit hard. I did strain from my "no grains" as I had some corn chips today with my lunch at a family birthday party. That may have contributed to the strong sugar craving, but I am trying to be mindful, do I need the sugar? No, I don't need energy...in fact I felt really good today! Do I want it simply because I haven't had some in awhile? ABSOLUTELY! 5 whole days...I want to know that the next time I go to eat a cookie or a piece of chocolate that I can do so within moderation instead of binge eating until I'm uncomfortable and mad at myself.

Plus my main goal...I just want all of my pants to fit again. I also want to run a 9 minute mile again. My devotional PrayFit has taken a back seat, I am going to start reading that again this week. It's taken me over 6 weeks to get through a 28 day devotional, lol! Progress is progress no matter how small.

I've got goals this year. I want to accomplish them all...and they're not all fitness related.
I want to get through 32 books this year. Whether I listen to them or read them, I would really like to see how many I do read in a year. Plus it's something different and fun...and I don't know about you but I don't really eat when I read....unless it's lunch...or dinner...that's weird...I never thought about how I don't snack when I read. When I'm really engrossed in a book though it's because the story line has hooked my attention.
Really, that's what healthy eating is all about...what's your focus?


Alright friends, thanks for stopping by and reading my meandering thoughts tonight. I will see you all tomorrow for some Monday Motivation!
Blessings,
A

Comments