Be a Fruit Tree

It doesn't take a scientist to tell you that goals are good. Although sometimes losing weight and changing your body composition feels like rocket science. Goals keep us focused, give us something to strive for, they can be motivation, but if not planned accordingly, goals can feel crushing.

The ultimate part of this journey is what do you want for your health? Balanced hormones, weight loss, muscle? Physical health. Emotional health, maybe you want to work on having more joy or showing more gratitude, maybe you want to overcome your depression and anxiety. Spiritual health, maybe you want a closer relationship with God, you want to volunteer more or spend more time in your bible.

Whatever your goals are, how are you planning on reaching that goal. Are you setting unrealistic ideals, are you limiting yourself by your age or weight?

It's nearly the end of February and if you're like me, you set a serious New Years Resolution for something. Financial freedom, more in tune spiritually, losing weight. Most of us drop off from these goals, a few short weeks after we set them.

It's time to self reflect on our goals and find out what's working and what's not.

This year, my biggest goal was to lose weight again. Having gained 30+ pounds in the last few years I've been uncomfortable in my body and my clothes. I was struck with 3 major colds in January and had to reset my start date for my goal. 
I basically restarted exercising and eating more whole foods end of January beginning of February. Only now, on week 3, do I feel like I am might actually be making progress.
It's true what they say, it takes 4 weeks to notice the difference in your body when you start working out.  It's why a lot of us throw in the towel, start again, throw in the towel start again after only 2 or 3 weeks. 

Result aren't coming quick enough. I'm not seeing a difference. If you sat down and tracked your food, tracked your workouts, you would begin to see a pattern of what works for and what doesn't.
Record keeping isn't just a way of telling you what you're "doing wrong" it's also showing you what is working!
 After 3 weeks, I am noticing that I am a little more determined to dig into my goals. I am feeling a little better about my body. Self love is so important. Mostly, I can see that heavy weight lifting, lower reps plus minimal cardio is working so far.
Also reminding myself that when you lift, you might gain weight before you lose it. Build the muscle, then lose the fat.

Think of goal setting like trees. You need to plant your roots. These are the daily habits that are going to help you grow. Get your nourishment, your water, your sunshine, your fertilizer (organic or through supplements or both). Stretch and grow your limbs (ha...both figuratively and literally.) from the healthy habits you create. Most limbs will be good if you plant good strong roots. However some limbs will die off once you see it's not working for you anymore.
Once combine all of these things you'll start to see the leaves and the, no pun intended, fruit of your labor. 


If you need to, refocus your daily habits to get you back on track with your goal. Remember, relentless forward progress until you can see your growth; until you can see the results that you produce.

Thank you friends for stopping by!
Eat your fruit!
Blessings,
A

Comments