Goal Getting

My week in review, I was able to sit down again and review this past week using my Fitbook. Looking over my notes from the week I realized that I have the tendency to eat chocolate even when I don't want it. I had 4 small cookies yesterday and I wasn't even hungry.

What I really needed to do was tap into my brain or body and find out, what it was I might have actually needed at that moment. Did I really just need a glass of water, or did I really need energy that the simple carbohydrates provided? Could I have gotten this quick boost from a cup of coffee or a Yoli Passion drink instead?

My goal this week is no grains or sugar until Saturday. I have the tendency to, once I start eating chocolate, I can't stop. Then I'll just binge eat food that I'm not really even enjoying. Food is an essential life source, but I need to learn to not rely on food to fulfill my emotional needs. I also need to be able to identify what my physical needs are from food.

Protein to restore muscles, carbohydrates for energy, and healthy fats for stored energy/proper function of nerve and brain cells. It's a trifecta. We need all 3 to complete what are bodies need on a daily basis.

We need to keep bringing it back to our goals. What is my goal with not eating so much chocolate? I have really got to balance my hormones. My last 3 cycles have been painful and  not normal. (Seeing doc soon, not to worry, it's all apart of living with and battling PCOS.)

I watched a great video over the weekend which reminded of a great quote...although kind of a bad analogy, lol, but you'll understand what I mean after you watch the video.



It's short video that gives you easy ways to reach your goals...or rather easy ways to TACKLE your goals. Meaning, you can conquer the lion but only if you take it one step at a time, or as Passler puts its "You can eat a whole elephant, one bite at a time."

I'm not going to balance my hormones in one day, or even one week. It is that relentless forward progress that I am striving for. Meal after meal, day after day, week after week. Workout after Workout.

Why am I working out? To feel better and change my body composition.
Why am I eating healthy? To balance my hormones and my emotions.
Why do I run? It helps me feel free and strong.
Why do I get good rest? To be alert for the day.

Not to be skinny, lose weight. These are by products of a healthier lifestyle.
Today's goals: 5,000+ steps, 8 cups of water, and to asleep by 10pm.
Today's Gratitude list: Technology to help balance my budget, my readers (That's you!), good food,  a thick sweater from a friend while cold a work, a blanket and new flannel sheets to snuggle under on a cold day. sigh...yep. Happiness. Happiness and goals.

Alright friends, I am out of here.
Blessings,
A

Comments