Mid-Week Check In

Today is a much better day. I got an unexpected surprise, in the form of a free oil change. Money in the pocket! We purchased our vehicle from a dealership late last year and it came due for it's oil change.

I am 30+ some woman and I have never taken my car to get it's oil changed....expect for maybe once. This was a whole new experience for me. A friend snickered and said she couldn't believe I had never paid for an oil change before, but when I mentioned the man being a mechanic, then she suddenly understood. Still, it was a win for today. It's important to be thankful for the little and big things. That went on my gratitude list today.

As the days move further away from Sunday I've definitely come out of my funk. My gratitude list is longer each day and I'm proud of the progress I'm making in the gym and the kitchen. (No scale involved!)

I've got a few new recipes to share but I will save those for tomorrow. As far as my workouts I used my gym session on Sunday to try and help with my mood. Elliptical, stair stepper, and a decent upper body workout plus abs, and I was SORE on Monday!

Monday I woke up late but instead of getting down on myself, I changed gears. I went over lunch. I am determined to get my time in this year.
That was new for me, going over the lunch hour. The gym owner whose often there in the mornings when I am, had to do a double take as I walked in the door. Not only am I getting my steps in, I am dedicated to picking up my program again.

Monday was, run a half mile plus 3 sets of 5 assisted pull ups, 10 push ups, and 15 body weight squats.  Then I walked for another 5 minutes to cool down.

I woke up late again on Tuesday and did not make it to the gym. My body needed the rest, I did not sleep well the night before.

Today though, I was up and out the door at a decent time. It was leg day + abs again.

Then tonight a LOVELY little package greeted me at the door.


Ladies and gentlemen, my preworkout HAS ARRIVED!

Yoli passion is one of my FAVORITE drinks. It includes a variety of vitamins and minerals which I will go over later, but this drink contains Green Tea Extract which is my favorite energy drink. It gives me just enough energy to push through a tough workout, but not so much so that it leaves me feeling itchy or hung out to drive with a crash.
Unfortunately, I looked more closely at the back of the truth box, turns out it contains milk. I will not be able to have that as much as I would like due to the milk, but overall, I'm really excited about my purchase.

Mostly, I'm checking in to let you know that dark days come and go. Especially for those of us who deal with anxiety and depression, but they do come for all of us. Hang to hope though until you can push through to the other side. It's okay, to not be okay. Remember though eventually, it WILL BE okay.

Today I am better than Sunday.
Thank you friends for sticking with me, talk to you again soon.
Blessings,
A

Don't forget to eat your vegetables. 

Comments