Monday Motivation: The beat down and the build up

It was hard to be motivated this weekend. It was busy and I WAY over indulged myself with my delicious expensive food. I also had a minor come apart Saturday night because I just wanted to know why I can't be "normal"? Why do I gain weight so fast, why did I "let myself go" why do I have to have PCOS?


How has having PCOS changed my life for the better? It forces me to take care of myself. Nourish my body. Rest. Share my knowledge of living with PCOS, hypothyroidism, and anxiety. Battling infertility has led me meeting so many amazing women. Learning to become a gym rat has developed deeper relationships with friends. 

Another issue, I was letting the number on the scale get to me. Why, why am I letting it define me?
It's because I know my hormones are off. 
I used to wish that my body would send me a monthly report card about what was happening on the inside. Turns out, technically that's my period. Is my report card. The last 3 cycles have been a little off, and this one doesn't seem to want to show up. I know I am not doing something right. 

What I have decided to do though is look forward instead of back. I am not going to let my past mistakes of over eating, drinking too much wine, trying different supplements that don't exactly work...and consuming ALL the chocolate. 

I've started listening to Better Every Day with Dr. Brooke and Sarah Fragoso, a podcast that focuses on helping women to feel better and take care of themselves. 
The first episode I listened to today was How to Get your Period Back. It really touched on how women deal with body weight, which is typically under eating and over working out. We really have to find a balance. Also, skipping a period of missing them for a few months is also BEYOND just your reproductive health, it also starts in the hypothalamus or the thyroid. I'm starting to think it's my thyroid that's out of whack! I listened to another episode with Dr. Jade Teta who had wonderful things to say about there's no one size fits all diet plan. We have to switch it up too, continue to try new things. It also helped me feel better about where I'm at. That I need to continue to to love myself, accept myself. Continue to work out, continue to nourish my body with the right foods and supplements. 

It's my life motto "Relentless Forward Progress"

Alright friends I am getting out of here so I can start my bedtime routine. Wash face, brush teeth, wind down. Maybe play 1 game of solitaire, lol
Good night friends, thanks for stopping by!
Blessings A

P.s. in part of my effort to look forward, I am going to read more about metabolic and thyroid health. I promise to share what I learn! 

Comments