Motivation Monday: Looking ahead

I realized today that I spend an awful lot of time looking back. When in reality I should be looking forward for motivation.
I tend to think of what has worked for me in the past, when really it's a lot like that one of my favorite Gildna Radnar quotes


Having to change, making the most of it. Life is constantly changing. What worked before isn't always going to work in the future.
Instead of reviewing last weeks motivation I want to look ahead and tell you how I plan to motivate myself this week.

First things first. Tomorrow is fat Tuesday, which is one of my favorite foods day of the because it means PANCAKE TUESDAY!! (Also see pancakes)
Fat Tuesday otherwise known as Pancake Tuesday is celebrated in some countries such as Ireland. I will give a history and meaning of Shrove Tuesday tomorrow, along with a new pancake recipe from Danielle Walker's Against All Grain.

I can't remember what I was listening over the weekend or where I heard it but thirst can sometimes feel like hunger. Tonight instead of instantly diving into a bag of chips, I remembered that I hadn't had a lot of water today. While I did end up having chips for dinner, I was able to curb my craving and eat a reasonable amount of vegetable chips.
Planning out my menu and workout schedule this week pumps me up. Mostly because the meals I have planned are going to be delicious! I'll share this weeks menu on Thursday.

I know I've said it before but...we really can't hate ourselves thin. We can love ourselves though. No matter what. I want to honor my body by feeding it nutrient dense foods and working out to get stronger.

Mantra's this week:
It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.
Being healthy is a life long process.
5,000 steps every day.
Get  your vegetables.
Drink your water.
GOLD STAR FOR MENU PLANNING AND MEAL PREP.

I mean, I didn't get enough gold stars as a kid, right? So..I'm just going to dole them out whenever I want...to myself! I like this idea. LOL

Anyway...I'll be back tomorrow to talk about Lent, Shrove Tuesday, and even though I'm not catholic why I'm giving up alcohol for 40 days.

Blessing and good night friends. Talk to you soon!
A

Comments